On the multivariate probability integral transformation
AbstractA general formula is given for computing the distribution function K of the random variable H(X,Y) obtained by taking the bivariate probability integral transformation (BIPIT) of a random pair (X,Y) with distribution function H. Of particular interest is the behavior of the sequence (Kn) corresponding to the BIPIT of pairs (Xn,Yn) of componentwise maxima Xn=max(X1,...,Xn) and Yn=max(Y1, ..., Yn) of random samples (X1,Y1),...,(Xn,Yn) from distribution H. Illustrations are provided and the potential for statistical application is outlined. Multivariate extensions are briefly considered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 53 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Capéraà, Philippe & Fougères, Anne-Laure & Genest, Christian, 2000. "Bivariate Distributions with Given Extreme Value Attractor," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 30-49, January.
- Genest, Christian & Rivest, Louis-Paul, 1989. "A characterization of gumbel's family of extreme value distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 207-211, August.
- Ali, Mir M. & Mikhail, N. N. & Haq, M. Safiul, 1978. "A class of bivariate distributions including the bivariate logistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 405-412, September.
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Multivariate concordance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-30, October.
- Barbe, Philippe & Genest, Christian & Ghoudi, Kilani & Rémillard, Bruno, 1996. "On Kendall's Process," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 197-229, August.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernadino, 2011. "On Multivariate Extensions of Value-at-Risk," Papers 1111.1349, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Dimitrova, Dimitrina S. & Kaishev, Vladimir K. & Penev, Spiridon I., 2008. "GeD spline estimation of multivariate Archimedean copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 3570-3582, March.
- Rodríguez-Lallena, José A. & Úbeda-Flores, Manuel, 2003. "Distribution functions of multivariate copulas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 41-50, August.
- Christian Genest & Johanna Nešlehová & Johanna Ziegel, 2011. "Inference in multivariate Archimedean copula models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 223-256, August.
- Jun Yan, . "Enjoy the Joy of Copulas: With a Package copula," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(i04).
- Nelsen, Roger B. & Quesada-Molina, José Juan & Rodríguez-Lallena, José Antonio & Úbeda-Flores, Manuel, 2003. "Kendall distribution functions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 263-268, November.
- Elena Di Bernardino & Didier Rullière, 2014. "Estimation of multivariate critical layers: Applications to hydrological data," Working Papers hal-00940089, HAL.
- Areski Cousin & Elena Di Bernadino, 2013. "On Multivariate Extensions of Value-at-Risk," Working Papers hal-00638382, HAL.
- Genest, Christian & Quessy, Jean-François & Rémillard, Bruno, 2006. "On the joint asymptotic behavior of two rank-based estimators of the association parameter in the gamma frailty model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 10-18, January.
- Kouros Owzar & Pranab Kumar Sen, 2003. "Copulas: concepts and novel applications," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 323-353.
- Cousin, Areski & Di Bernardino, Elena, 2013. "On multivariate extensions of Value-at-Risk," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 32-46.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.