Properties of Hierarchical Archimedean Copulas
AbstractIn this paper we analyse the properties of hierarchical Archimedean copulas. This class is a generalisation of the Archimedean copulas and allows for general non-exchangeable dependency structures. We show that the structure of the copula can be uniquely recovered from all bivariate margins. We derive the distribution of the copula value, which is particularly useful for tests and constructing con¯dence intervals. Furthermore, we analyse dependence orderings, multivariate dependence measures and extreme value copulas. Special attention we pay to the tail dependencies and derive several tail dependence indices for general hierarchical Archimedean copulas.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany in its series SFB 649 Discussion Papers with number SFB649DP2009-014.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2009
Date of revision:
copula; multivariate distribution; Archimedean copula; stochastic ordering; hierarchical copula;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- C46 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Specific Distributions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Genest, Christian & Rivest, Louis-Paul, 1989. "A characterization of gumbel's family of extreme value distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 207-211, August.
- Niall Whelan, 2004. "Sampling from Archimedean copulas," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 339-352.
- Nelsen, Roger B., 1997. "Dependence and Order in Families of Archimedean Copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 111-122, January.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barbara Choroś & Wolfgang Härdle & Ostap Okhrin, 2009. "CDO and HAC," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-038, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Ostap Okhrin & Alexander Ristig, 2012. "Hierarchical Archimedean Copulae: The HAC Package," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-036, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Michal Grajek & Lars-Hendrik RÃ¶ller, 2009.
"Regulation and investment in network industries: Evidence from European telecoms,"
ESMT Research Working Papers
ESMT-09-004, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Michał Grajek & Lars-Hendrik R�ller, 2012. "Regulation and Investment in Network Industries: Evidence from European Telecoms," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 189 - 216.
- Michał Grajek & Lars-Hendrik Röller, 2009. "Regulation and Investment in Network Industries: Evidence from European Telecoms," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-039, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Shulin Zhang, & Ostap Okhrin, & Qian M. Zhou & Peter X.-K. Song, 2013. "Goodness-of-fit Test for Specification of Semiparametric Copula Dependence Models," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-041, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- GÃ¶ran Kauermann & Renate Meyer, 2014. "Penalized marginal likelihood estimation of finite mixtures of Archimedean copulas," Computational Statistics, Springer, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 283-306, February.
- Maria Grith & Wolfgang Härdle & Juhyun Park, 2009. "Shape invariant modelling pricing kernels and risk aversion," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-041, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Roland Strausz, 2010.
"The Political Economy of Regulatory Risk,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2953, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nikolaus Hautsch & Julia Schuamburg & Melanie Schienle, 2012. "Modeling Time-Varying Dependencies between Positive-Valued High-Frequency Time Series," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-054, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.