Model checks under random censorship
AbstractLet denote a parametric family of lifetime distributions on the real line. For a given sample of possibly censored data from an unknown distribution function F, we consider the Kaplan-Meier process with estimated parameters. It constitutes the basic tool for checking the hypothesis . Since for testing purposes this process is intractable in practice we propose to transform it to another one from which (asymptotically) distribution-free full model checks are readily available.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 32 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- K. Auinger, 1990. "Quasi goodness of fit tests for lifetime distributions," Metrika, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 97-116, December.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Stute, Winfried, 2008. "Distribution-free specification tests of conditional models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 37-55, March.
- Zhang, Chun-Xia & Mei, Chang-Lin & Zhang, Jiang-She, 2007. "An empirical study of a test for polynomial relationships in randomly right censored regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 6543-6556, August.
- Li, Gang & Sun, Yanqing, 2000. "A simulation-based goodness-of-fit test for survival data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 403-410, May.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005.
"Distribution free goodness-of-fit tests for linear processes,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6840, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005. "Distribution Free Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Linear Processes," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2005/482, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.