The Azéma-Yor embedding in non-singular diffusions
AbstractLet (Xt)t[greater-or-equal, slanted]0 be a non-singular (not necessarily recurrent) diffusion on starting at zero, and let [nu] be a probability measure on Necessary and sufficient conditions are established for [nu] to admit the existence of a stopping time [tau]* of (Xt) solving the Skorokhod embedding problem, i.e. X[tau]* has the law [nu]. Furthermore, an explicit construction of [tau]* is carried out which reduces to the Azéma-Yor construction (Séminaire de Probabilités XIII, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 721, Springer, Berlin, p. 90) when the process is a recurrent diffusion. In addition, this [tau]* is characterized uniquely to be a pointwise smallest possible embedding that stochastically maximizes (minimizes) the maximum (minimum) process of (Xt) up to the time of stopping.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 96 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grandits, Peter & Falkner, Neil, 2000. "Embedding in Brownian motion with drift and the Azéma-Yor construction," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 249-254, February.
- David G. Hobson, 1998. "Robust hedging of the lookback option," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 329-347.
- Seel, Christian & Strack, Philipp, 2013. "Gambling in contests," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 148(5), pages 2033-2048.
- Cox, A. M. G. & Hobson, D. G., 2004. "An optimal Skorokhod embedding for diffusions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 17-39, May.
- Lim, Adrian P.C. & Yen, Ju-Yi & Yor, Marc, 2013. "Some examples of Skorokhod embeddings obtained from the Azéma–Yor algorithm," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 329-346.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.