Bootstrapping the sample means for stationary mixing sequences
AbstractWe propose a circular block resampling procedure to modify Künsch's moving block bootstrap. Our procedure has the special feature that the resampled data are like drawing from the empirical distribution function of dependent observations. No information is lost concerning the nature of dependency of the original observations coming from a general stationary sequence. We prove two general theorems on bootstrapping sample means for stationary sequences. Applications to stationary [alpha]-mixing, [rho]-mixing and [phi]-mixing sequences are also discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 48 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias, 2001. "On bootstrap inference in cointegrating regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 1-10, July.
- Dehling, Herold & Fried, Roland & Sharipov, Olimjon Sh. & Vogel, Daniel & Wornowizki, Max, 2013. "Estimation of the variance of partial sums of dependent processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 141-147.
- Andrés Alonso & Daniel Peña & Juan Romo, 2003. "Resampling time series using missing values techniques," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 55(4), pages 765-796, December.
- Hwang, Eunju & Shin, Dong Wan, 2012. "Strong consistency of the stationary bootstrap under ψ-weak dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 488-495.
- Csörgo, Miklós & Yu, Hao, 1997. "Estimation of total time on test transforms for stationary observations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 229-253, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.