A review of the econometric evidence on the effects of capital punishment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Journal of Socio-Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1-2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz, 2011. "Electricity Consumption, Financial Development and Economic Growth Nexus: A Revisit Study of Their Causality in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 35588, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Dec 2011.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Shabbir, Shahbaz Muhammad & Butt, Muhammad Sabihuddin, 2011. "Effect of financial development on agricultural growth in Pakistan: new extensions from bounds test to level relationships and granger causality tests," MPRA Paper 34162, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Oct 2011.
- Muhammad SHAHBAZ & Smile DUBE, 2012. "Revisiting the Relationship between Coal Consumption and Economic Growth: Cointegration and Causality Analysis in Pakistan," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 12(1).
- Paul R. Zimmerman, 2004. "State executions, deterrence, and the incidence of murder," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 163-193, May.
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Seldeslachts, Jo, 2012.
"The deterrence effects of U.S. merger policy instruments,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/350833, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Jo Seldeslachts, 2011. "The Deterrence Effects of U.S. Merger Policy Instruments," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-095/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Seldeslachts, Jo, 2011. "The Deterrence Effects of U.S. Merger Policy Instruments," CEPR Discussion Papers 8482, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthew Baker & Niklas J. Westelius, 2009. "Crime, Expectations and The Deterrence Hypothesis," Hunter College Department of Economics Working Papers 425, Hunter College: Department of Economics.
- Gerritzen, Berit & Kirchgässner, Gebhard, 2013.
"Facts or Ideology: What Determines the Results of Econometric Estimates of the Deterrence Effect of Death Penalty? A Meta-Analysis,"
Economics Working Paper Series
1303, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Berit C. Gerritzen & Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2013. "Facts or Ideology: What Determines the Results of Econometric Estimates of the Deterrence Effect of Death Penalty? A Meta-Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 4159, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anna Bonanno, 2006. "The economic analysis of offender’s choice: Old and new insights," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 193-224, June.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Muhammad, Shahbaz Shabbir, 2011. "Environmental Kuznets Curve and the role of energy consumption in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34929, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Nov 2011.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Tiwari, Aviral & Muhammad, Nasir, 2011. "The effects of financial development, economic growth, coal consumption and trade openness on environment performance in South Africa," MPRA Paper 32723, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Aug 2011.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Jalil, Abdul & Dube, Smile, 2010. "Environmental Kuznets curve (EKC): Times series evidence from Portugal," MPRA Paper 27443, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Paul Rubin, 2007.
"From the “Econometrics of Capital Punishment” to the “Capital Punishment” of Econometrics: On the Use and Abuse of Sensitivity Analysis,"
0715, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Paul Rubin, 2011. "From the 'econometrics of capital punishment' to the 'capital punishment' of econometrics: on the use and abuse of sensitivity analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 43(25), pages 3655-3670.
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Joanna M. Shepherd, 2006.
"The Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment: Evidence from a "Judicial Experiment","
Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(3), pages 512-535, July.
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Joanna M. Shepherd, 2003. "The Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment: Evidence from a "Judicial Experiment"," Emory Economics 0314, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Joanna Shepherd, . "The Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment: Evidence from a "Judicial Experiment"," American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings 1017, American Law & Economics Association.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Qazi, Muhammad Adnan Hye & Muhammad, Zeshan, 2012. "Is Renewable Energy Consumption Effective to Promote Economic Growth in Pakistan: Evidence from Bounds Testing and Rolling Window Approach," MPRA Paper 41608, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Sep 2012.
- Paresh Narayan & Russell Smyth, .
"Dead Man Walking: An Empirical Reassessment of the Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment Using the Bounds Testing Approach to Cointegration,"
American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings
1028, American Law & Economics Association.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2006. "Dead man walking: an empirical reassessment of the deterrent effect of capital punishment using the bounds testing approach to cointegration," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 38(17), pages 1975-1989.
- Russell Smyth & Paresh Kumar Narayan, 2004. "Dead Man Walking: An Empirical Reassessment of the Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment Using the Bounds Testing Approach to Cointegration," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 332, Econometric Society.
- Michael Frakes & Matthew Harding, 2009. "The Deterrent Effect of Expansions in Death Penalty Eligibility Criteria," Discussion Papers 08-033, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- H. Naci Mocan & R. Kaj Gittings, 2001. "Pardons, Executions and Homicide," NBER Working Papers 8639, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.