Admissible consensus and consensualization of high-order linear time-invariant singular swarm systems
AbstractAdmissible consensus analysis and consensualizing controller design problems for high-order linear time-invariant singular swarm systems are investigated. Firstly, by projecting the state of a singular swarm system onto a consensus subspace and a complement consensus subspace, a necessary and sufficient condition for admissible consensus is presented in terms of linear matrix inequalities (LMIs). An approach to decrease the calculation complexity is proposed, by which only three LMIs independent of the number of agents need to be checked. Then, by using the changing variable method, sufficient conditions for admissible consensualization are shown. An explicit expression of the consensus function is given, and it is shown that the modes of the consensus function can be arbitrarily placed if each agent is R-controllable and impulse controllable and the interaction topology has a spanning tree. Finally, theoretical results are applied to deal with cooperative control problems of multi-agent supporting systems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 391 (2012)
Issue (Month): 23 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Admissible consensus; Singular swarm system; Cooperative control;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Czirók, András & Vicsek, Tamás, 2000. "Collective behavior of interacting self-propelled particles," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 281(1), pages 17-29.
- Xi, Jianxiang & Shi, Zongying & Zhong, Yisheng, 2011. "Consensus analysis and design for high-order linear swarm systems with time-varying delays," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(23), pages 4114-4123.
- Hu, Jiangping & Hong, Yiguang, 2007. "Leader-following coordination of multi-agent systems with coupling time delays," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 374(2), pages 853-863.
- Lin, Peng & Jia, Yingmin, 2008. "Average consensus in networks of multi-agents with both switching topology and coupling time-delay," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(1), pages 303-313.
- Peng, Ke & Yang, Yupu, 2009. "Leader-following consensus problem with a varying-velocity leader and time-varying delays," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(2), pages 193-208.
- Xi, Jianxiang & Cai, Ning & Zhong, Yisheng, 2010. "Consensus problems for high-order linear time-invariant swarm systems," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(24), pages 5619-5627.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.