Dynamics of money and income distributions
AbstractWe study the model of interacting agents proposed by Chakraborti and Chakrabarti [Eur. Phys. J. B 17 (2000) 167] that allows agents to both save and exchange wealth. Closed equations for the wealth distribution are developed using a mean field approximation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 356 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Elastic and inelastic scattering; Kinetic theory; Classical statistical mechanics; Probability theory; Stochastic processes and statistics; Dynamics of social systems; Environmental studies;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chakrabarti, Anindya S. & Chakrabarti, Bikas K., 2010. "Statistical theories of income and wealth distribution," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 4(4), pages 1-31.
- Chakrabarti, Anindya S., 2011. "An almost linear stochastic map related to the particle system models of social sciences," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(23), pages 4370-4378.
- Sebastian Guala, 2009. "Taxes in a Wealth Distribution Model by Inelastically Scattering of Particles," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 7(1), pages 1-7.
- Patriarca, Marco & Chakraborti, Anirban & Germano, Guido, 2006. "Influence of saving propensity on the power-law tail of the wealth distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 369(2), pages 723-736.
- Anirban Chakraborti & Ioane Muni Toke & Marco Patriarca & Frédéric Abergel, 2011. "Econophysics: agent-based models," Post-Print hal-00621059, HAL.
- Guo, Qiang & Gao, Li, 2012. "Distribution of individual incomes in China between 1992 and 2009," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(21), pages 5139-5145.
- Coelho, Ricardo & Richmond, Peter & Barry, Joseph & Hutzler, Stefan, 2008. "Double power laws in income and wealth distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(15), pages 3847-3851.
- Chakrabarti, Anindya S., 2012. "Effects of the turnover rate on the size distribution of firms: An application of the kinetic exchange models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(23), pages 6039-6050.
- Chami Figueira, F. & Moura, N.J. & Ribeiro, M.B., 2011.
"The Gompertz–Pareto income distribution,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 390(4), pages 689-698.
- Chakrabarti, Anindya S. & Chakrabarti, Bikas K., 2010. "Inequality reversal: Effects of the savings propensity and correlated returns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(17), pages 3572-3579.
- Anindya S. Chakrabarti, 2011. "Firm dynamics in a closed, conserved economy: A model of size distribution of employment and related statistics," Papers 1112.2168, arXiv.org.
- Victor M. Yakovenko & J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Colloquium: Statistical mechanics of money, wealth, and income," Papers 0905.1518, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.