Introduction to statistical physics outside physics
AbstractWe review the possibilities and difficulties for statistical physicists if they apply their methods to biology, economics, or sociology. WARNING: I report opinions, not simulations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 336 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Biophysics; Econophysics; Sociophysics;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barbaro, Alethea B.T. & Chayes, Lincoln & D’Orsogna, Maria R., 2013. "Territorial developments based on graffiti: A statistical mechanics approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(1), pages 252-270.
- Marcel R. Ausloos, 2012.
"Econophysics of a religious cult: the Antoinists in Belgium [1920-2000],"
1201.4841, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2012.
- Ausloos, Marcel, 2012. "Econophysics of a religious cult: The Antoinists in Belgium [1920–2000]," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(11), pages 3190-3197.
- Oliveira dos Santos Soares, Ricardo & Martinez, Alexandre Souto, 2006. "The geometrical patterns of cooperation evolution in the spatial prisoner's dilemma: An intra-group model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 369(2), pages 823-829.
- Victor M. Yakovenko & J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Colloquium: Statistical mechanics of money, wealth, and income," Papers 0905.1518, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2009.
- Cristian Valeriu STANCIU & Cristi SPULBAR & Sabin RIZESCU, 2012. "Econophysics - related Remarks in Considering the Necessity of a Distribution Adjustment in the Eurozone Real Economy and Re-modeling its Financial System and Markets. Thermodynamics and Statistical P," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 2(1), pages 9, February.
- Guzmán-Vargas, L. & Hernández-Pérez, R., 2006. "Small-world topology and memory effects on decision time in opinion dynamics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 372(2), pages 326-332.
- Barreira da Silva Rocha, André, 2013.
"Evolutionary dynamics of nationalism and migration,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 392(15), pages 3183-3197.
- André Barreira da Silva Rocha, 2012. "Evolutionary Dynamics of Nationalism and Migration," Discussion Papers in Economics 12/11, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Jun 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.