The `peso problem' in testing the efficiency of forward exchange markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 6 (1980)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Trivial intellectual history blogging
by Paul Krugman in The conscience of a liberal on 2008-07-15 08:34:00
- Gruen, D.W.R. & Gizycki, M.C., 1993.
"Explaining Forward Discount Bias: Is It Anchoring?,"
164, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- David W.R. Gruen & Marianne C. Gizycki, 1993. "Explaining Forward Discount Bias: Is it Anchoring?," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9307, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- de Groot, Caspar G. M. & Verschoor, Willem F. C., 2002. "Further evidence on Asian stock return behavior," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 179-193, June.
- Conway, Patrick, 2012. "The exchange rate as nominal anchor: A test for Ukraine," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 438-456.
- Steinar Holden & Dag Kolsrud & Birger Vikøren, 1995.
"Noisy signals in target zone regimes Theory and Monte Carlo experiments,"
160, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Holden, Steinar & Kolsrud, Dag, 1999. "Noisy signals in target zone regimes:: Theory and Monte Carlo experiments," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 1531-1567, August.
- Beetsma, R.M.W.J., 1991.
"Bands and Statistical Properties of EMS Exchange Rates: A Monte Carlo Investigation of Three Traget Zone Model,"
9160, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Beetsma, R.M.W.J., 1991. "Bands and statistical properties of EMS exchange rates: A Monte Carlo investigation of three target zone model," Discussion Paper 1991-60, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Juan-Ángel Jiménez-Martín & Rodrigo Peruga Urrea, 2004. "Macroeconomic and policy uncertainty and Exchange rate risk Premium," Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico 0412, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Penttinen, Aku, 2000. "Devaluation-risk-related peso problems in stock returns," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 181-197, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1989.
"The pricing of forward exchange rates,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 163-179, June.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1989. "Interpreting Tests of Forward Discount Bias Using Survey Data on Exchange Rate Expectations," NBER Working Papers 1963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- MacDonald, Ronald, 2000. "Is the foreign exchange market 'risky'? Some new survey-based results," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Walker, Eduardo, 2008. "Strategic currency hedging and global portfolio investments upside down," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 657-668, June.
- Kerstin Bernoth & Juergen von Hagen & Casper de Vries, 2007. "The Forward Premium Puzzle: new evidence from futures contracts," DNB Working Papers 125, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Darvas, Zsolt, 1996.
"Kamatkülönbség és árfolyam-várakozások az előre bejelentett kúszó árfolyamrendszerben
[Interest differential and exchange rate expectations in the preannounced crawling band system of Hu," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(10), pages 920-947.
- Ron Jongen & Willem F.C. Verschoor & Christian C.P. Wolff, 2008. "Foreign Exchange Rate Expectations: Survey And Synthesis," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 140-165, 02.
- Chionis, Dionysios & MacDonald, Ronald, 2002. "Aggregate and disaggregate measures of the foreign exchange risk premium," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 57-84, April.
- Bryan Kelly & Hao Jiang, 2013. "Tail Risk and Asset Prices," NBER Working Papers 19375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ross Levine, 1988. "The forward exchange rate bias: a new explanation," International Finance Discussion Papers 338, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Prakash Kannan, 2008. "Perspectiveson High Real Interest Rates in Turkey," IMF Working Papers 08/251, International Monetary Fund.
- Karen K. Lewis, 2011. "Global asset pricing," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 88, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Verschoor, Willem F. C. & Wolff, Christian C. P., 2001. "Exchange risk premia, expectations formation and "news" in the Mexican peso/U.S. dollar forward exchange rate market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 157-174.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.