Banking technology and the existence of a consistent output aggregate
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1986)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Solomon Tadesse, 2005.
"Consolidation, Scale Economics and Technological Change in Japanese Banking,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp878, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Tadesse, Solomon, 2006. "Consolidation, scale economies and technological change in Japanese banking," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 425-445, December.
- Solomon Tadesse, 2005. "Consolidation, Scale Economies and Technological Change in Japanese Banking," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp747, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Leena Mörttinen, 2004. "Banking sector output and labour productivity in six European countries," Finance 0405023, EconWPA.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis P. & Georgiou, Evangelia A. & Staikouras, Christos C., 2009.
"Assessing output and productivity growth in the banking industry,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1317-1340, November.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis & Georgiou, Evangelia & Staikouras, Christos, 2008. "Assessing output and productivity growth in the banking industry," MPRA Paper 31996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panayiotis P. Athanasoglou & Evangelia A. Georgiou & Christos C. Staikouras, 2008. "Assessing Output and Productivity Growth in the Banking Industry," Working Papers 92, Bank of Greece.
- Kim, Moshe & Kliger, Doron & Vale, Bent, 2003. "Estimating switching costs: the case of banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 25-56, January.
- David B. Humphrey, 1990. "Why do estimates of bank scale economies differ?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sep, pages 38-50.
- Fortin, Mario & Leclerc, André & Thivierge, Claude, 2000. "Économies d’échelle et de gamme dans les Caisses Desjardins," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 76(3), pages 393-421, septembre.
- Paul Harrison & Oren Sussman & Joseph Zeira, 1999. "Finance and growth: theory and new evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David B. Humphrey, 1987. "Cost dispersion and the measurement of economies in banking," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue May, pages 24-38.
- Leverty, J. Tyler & Grace, Martin F., 2010. "The robustness of output measures in property-liability insurance efficiency studies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1510-1524, July.
- Stiroh, Kevin J., 1997. "The evolution of an industry: US thrifts in the 1990s," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1375-1394, October.
- Jordi Gual & Avelino Hernández, 1991. "Costes operativos, tamaño y especialización en las Cajas de Ahorro Españolas," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 15(3), pages 701-726, September.
- Kim, Moshe & Vale, Bent, 2001. "Non-price strategic behavior: the case of bank branches," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1583-1602, December.
- Resti, Andrea, 2000. "Efficiency measurement for multi-product industries: A comparison of classic and recent techniques based on simulated data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 559-578, March.
- Mountain, Dean C. & Thomas, Hugh, 1999. "Factor price misspecification in bank cost function estimation," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-182, April.
- Mörttinen, Leena, 2002. "Banking sector output and labour productivity in six European countries," Research Discussion Papers 12/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Ana María Olaya Pardo & Manuel Ramírez Gómez, 2004. "Aversión al riesgo y eficiencia de escala en los bancos: Incluyendo variables de riesgo y regulación," BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÃN 004346, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.