Urbanization and Economic Development: A Bias toward Large Cities?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maurice Catin & Christophe Van huffel, 2003. "Concentration urbaine et industrialisation," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 121(1), pages 87-107.
- Marius Brülhart, 2011.
"The spatial effects of trade openness: a survey,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 147(1), pages 59-83, April.
- Poelhekke, Steven, 2011. "Urban growth and uninsured rural risk: Booming towns in bust times," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 461-475, November.
- Kevin Sylwester, 2008. "Foreign Aid and Urbanization in Developing Countries," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 7(2), pages 153-166, August.
- Mark Lorenzen & Kristina Vaarst Andersen, 2007. "The Geography of the European Creative Class A Rank-Size Analysis," DRUID Working Papers 07-17, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Duranton, Gilles, 2008.
"From Cities to Productivity and Growth in Developing Countries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6634, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duranton, 2007. "From cities to productivity and growth in developing countries," Working Papers tecipa-306, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Suzanne McCoskey & Chihwa Kao, 1999. "Testing the Stability of a Production Function with Urbanization as a Shift Factor: An Application of Non-Stationary Panel Data Techniques," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 5, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Knödler, Hermann & Albertshauser, Ulrich, 2001. "Glocalisation, foreign direct investment and regional development perspectives : empirical results for West German regions," HWWA Discussion Papers 117, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Paschalis ARVANITIDIS & George PETRAKOS, 2008. "Metropolitan Development And Cooperation In South-Eastern Europe," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 27, pages 133-159.
- Moomaw, Ronald L. & Alwosabi, Mohammed A., 2003.
"Urban primacy, gigantism, and international trade: Evidence from Asia and the Americas,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 20-2003, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Moomaw, Ronald L. & Alwosabi, Mohammed A., 2007. "Urban Primacy, Gigantism, and International Trade: Evidence from Asia and the Americas," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 22, pages 439-460.
- Pholo Bala, Alain, 2009. "Urban concentration and economic growth: checking for specific regional effects," CORE Discussion Papers 2009038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Junius, Karsten, 1997. "The determinants of urban concentration," Kiel Working Papers 835, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Davis, James C. & Henderson, J. Vernon, 2003. "Evidence on the political economy of the urbanization process," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 98-125, January.
- Maurice Catin & Christophe Van huffel, 2004. "Ouverture économique et inégalités régionales de développement en Chine : le rôle des institutions," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 128(4), pages 7-23.
- Catin, Maurice & Luo, Xubei & Van Huffel, Christophe, 2005. "Openness, industrialization, and geographic concentration of activities in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3706, The World Bank.
- Alexandra SCHAFFAR, 2008. "Regional Income Inequality And Urbanisation Trends In China: 1978-2005," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 28, pages 87-110.
- Bar-El, Raphael & Parr, John B., 2002. "From metropolis to metropolis-based region: the case of Tel-Aviv," ERSA conference papers ersa02p392, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.