A Revealed Preference Approach to Ranking City Quality of Life
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Revealed Preference Revisited: David Beckham Prefers LA to Paris
by Matthew E. Kahn in Environmental and Urban Economics on 2012-01-04 00:05:00
- The Rise of the Low Carbon Consumer City
by Matthew E. Kahn in Legal Planet on 2013-01-26 20:17:25
- Measuring Local Quality of Life in Santa Monica
by Matthew E. Kahn in The Reality-Based Community on 2013-03-14 14:28:33
- Francois Ortalo-Magne & Andrea Prat, 2010.
"Spatial Asset Pricing: A First Step,"
STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series
/2010/546, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Morris A. Davis & Francois Ortalo-Magne, 2011.
"Household Expenditures, Wages, Rents,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 14(2), pages 248-261, April.
- Morris Davis & Francois Ortalo-Magne, 2010. "Code files for "Household Expenditures, Wages, Rents"," Computer Codes 09-92, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Morris A. Davis & François Ortalo-Magné, 2007. "Household Expenditures, Wages, Rents," CESifo Working Paper Series 2156, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christafore, David & Leguizamon, Susane, 2012. "The influence of gay and lesbian coupled households on house prices in conservative and liberal neighborhoods," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 258-267.
- Winters, John V, 2010.
"Differences in Quality of Life Estimates Using Rents and Home Values,"
22455, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Winters, 2013. "Differences in quality of life estimates using rents and home values," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 377-409, October.
- Winters, John V., 2012. "Differences in Quality of Life Estimates Using Rents and Home Values," IZA Discussion Papers 6703, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dan A. Black & Seth G. Sanders & Lowell J. Taylor, 2007. "The Economics of Lesbian and Gay Families," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 53-70, Spring.
- Shelby Gerking, 1998. "Spatial economic aspects of the environment and environmental policy: New directions for research," ERSA conference papers ersa98p384, European Regional Science Association.
- Henry Overman & Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2001.
"The Economic Geography of Trade, Production, and Income: A Survey of Empirics,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0508, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Overman, Henry G. & Redding, Stephen J & Venables, Anthony J., 2001. "The Economic Geography of Trade Production and Income: A Survey of Empirics," CEPR Discussion Papers 2978, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krupka, Douglas J. & Donaldson, Kwame, 2007. "Wages, Rents and Heterogeneous Moving Costs," IZA Discussion Papers 3224, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Patrick J. Bayer & Robert McMillan & Alvin Murphy & Christopher Timmins, 2011. "A Dynamic Model of Demand for Houses and Neighborhoods," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000213, David K. Levine.
- McDuff, DeForest, 2011. "Demand substitution across US cities: Observable similarity and home price correlation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 1-14, July.
- Nicolai V. Kuminoff & V. Kerry Smith & Christopher Timmins, 2013. "The New Economics of Equilibrium Sorting and Policy Evaluation Using Housing Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1007-62, December.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003.
"Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003. "Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Edward Glaeser, 2013. "A Review of Enrico Moretti's The New Geography of Jobs," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 825-37, September.
- Patrick Bayer & Robert McMillan & Alvin Murphy & Christopher Timmins, 2011. "A Dynamic Model of Demand for Houses and Neighborhoods," NBER Working Papers 17250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stan McMillen & Hulya Varol & Edward Zolnick & Na Li Dawson, 2001. "The Second MetroHartford Regional Performance Benchmark," CCEA Studies 2001-08, University of Connecticut, Connecticut Center for Economic Analysis.
- Black, Dan & Gates, Gary & Sanders, Seth & Taylor, Lowell, 2002. "Why Do Gay Men Live in San Francisco?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 54-76, January.
- Timothy J. Bartik & George Erickcek, 2007. "Higher Education, the Health Care Industry, and Metropolitan Regional Economic Development: What Can “Eds & Meds” Do for the Economic Fortunes of a Metro Area’s Residents?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 08-140, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Chen, Yong & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 2008. "Local amenities and life-cycle migration: Do people move for jobs or fun?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 519-537, November.
- Raul da Mota Silveira Neto, 2006. "Preferência Revelada E Arbitragem Espacial: Determinando Um Ranking De Qualidade De Vida Para As Regiões Metropolitanas Do Brasil," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 75, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.