A note on the size distribution of cities over time
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1985)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- P. Nijkamp & A. Reggiani, 2012. "Did Zipf Anticipate Socio-Economic Spatial Networks?," Working Papers wp816, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Krieger-Boden, Christiane, 1999. "Nationale und regionale Spezialisierungsmuster im europäischen Integrationsprozeß," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 2294, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Tomoya Mori & Koji Nishikimi & Tony E. Smith, 2002. "Some Empirical Regularities of Spatial Economies: A Relationship between Industrial Location and City Size," KIER Working Papers 551, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Paola Bertolini & Enrico Giovanetti & Francesco Pagliacci, 2011.
"Regional Patterns in the Achievement of the Lisbon Strategy: a Comparison Between Polycentric Regions and Monocentric Ones,"
Department of Economics
0664, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Paola Bertolini & Enrico Giovannetti & Francesco Pagliacci, 2011. "Regional patterns in the achievement of the Lisbon Strategy: a comparison between polycentric regions and monocentric ones," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0097, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- Maurice CATIN & Saïd HANCHANE & Abdelhak KAMAL, 2008. "Urbanisation, Primatie Et Étapes De Développement : Existe-T-Il Une Courbe En Cloche ?," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 27, pages 83-108.
- Gregg Huff, 2012.
"Gateway cities and urbanisation in southeast asia before world war II,"
Oxford University Economic and Social History Series
_096, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Gregg Huff, 2012. "Gateway Cities and Urbanisation in Southeast Asia Before World War II," Economics Series Working Papers Number 96, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Alexandra SCHAFFAR, 2012. "La Loi De Zipf Sous Le Prisme De L’Auto-Correlation Spatiale - Les Cas De La Chine Et De L’Inde," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 36, pages 189-204.
- Tomoya Mori & Tony E. Smith, 2009. "A Reconsideration of the NAS Rule from an Industrial Agglomeration Perspective," KIER Working Papers 669, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Junius, Karsten, 1997. "The determinants of urban concentration," Kiel Working Papers 835, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Tervo, Hannu, 2010. "Cities, hinterlands and agglomeration shadows: Spatial developments in Finland during 1880-2004," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 476-486, October.
- Chen, Zhihong & Fu, Shihe & Zhang, Dayong, 2010. "Searching for the parallel growth of cities," MPRA Paper 21528, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Veneri, Paolo & Burgalassi, David, 2010.
"Questioning polycentric development and its effects: issues of definition and measurement for the Italian NUTS 2 Regions,"
26410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paolo Veneri & David Burgalassi, 2011. "Questioning Polycentric Development and its Effects. Issues of Definition and Measurement for the Italian NUTS-2 Regions," European Planning Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(6), pages 1017-1037, January.
- Kim, Ho Yeon, 2012. "Shrinking population and the urban hierarchy," IDE Discussion Papers 360, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Nitsch, Volker, 2005.
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 86-100, January.
- Maurice CATIN & Abdelhak KAMAL, 2011. "Urbanisation, Inégalités Urbaines Et Développement En Turquie (1950-2000)," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 34, pages 141-162.
- Valente J. Matlaba & Mark Holmes & Philip McCann & Jacques Poot, 2011. "A Century of the Evolution of the Urban System in Brazil," Working Papers in Economics 11/12, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- L. Benguigui & E. Blumenfeld-Lieberthal, 2011. "The end of a paradigm: is Zipf’s law universal?," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 87-100, March.
- Duranton, Gilles, 2002.
"City Size Distributions as a Consequence of the Growth Process,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3577, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duranton, 2002. "City Size Distributions As A Consequence of the Growth Process," CEP Discussion Papers dp0550, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.