Jurisdictional homogeneity and the Tiebout hypothesis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (1981)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1996. "Are Efficiency and Equity in School Finance Substitutes or Complements?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 51-72, Fall.
- Markus Haavio & Heikki Kauppi, 2009.
"House Price Fluctuations and Residential Sorting,"
48, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & Rider, Mark & Walker, Mary Beth, 1997. "Race and the Structure of School Districts in the United States," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 281-300, March.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Jan K. Brueckner & Jorn Rattso, 2012. "Partial Fiscal Decentralization and Public-Sector Heterogeneity: Theory and Evidence from Norway," CESifo Working Paper Series 3954, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ken Sanford & William Hoyt, 2009. "Is the Grass Greener on the Other Side of the River?: The Choice of Where to Work and Where to Live for Movers," Working Papers 2009-05, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2004. "Good Principals or Good Peers? Parental Valuation of School Characteristics, Tiebout Equilibrium, and the Effects of Inter-district Competition," NBER Working Papers 10666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoyt, William H. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1997. "Household Location and Tiebout: Do Families Sort According to Preferences for Locational Amenities?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 159-178, September.
- Heikkila, Eric J., 1996. "Are municipalities Tieboutian clubs?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 203-226, April.
- Grosskopf, Shawna & Hayes, Kathy J. & Taylor, Lori L. & Weber, William L., 2001. "On the Determinants of School District Efficiency: Competition and Monitoring," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 453-478, May.
- de Bartolome, Charles A. M. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 1997. "Opposites Attract: The Effect of the Federal Income Tax Code on Community Composition," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 18-41, July.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 1995. "Is There an Equity-Efficiency Trade-Off in School Finance? Tiebout and a Theory of the Local Public Goods Producer," NBER Working Papers 5265, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Figlio, David N. & Husted, Thomas A. & Kenny, Lawrence W., 2004. "Political economy of the inequality in school spending," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 338-349, March.
- Haavio, Markus & Kauppi , Heikki, 2011. "Owner-occupied housing as an investment, regional house price cycles and residential sorting," Research Discussion Papers 24/2011, Bank of Finland.
- Shawna Grosskopf & Kathy Hayes & Lori L. Taylor & William L. Weber, 1995. "On competition and school efficiency," Working Papers 95-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Miguel Urquiola, 2005. "Does School Choice Lead to Sorting? Evidence from Tiebout Variation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1310-1326, September.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.