Estimation in partially linear models with missing responses at random
AbstractA partially linear model is considered when the responses are missing at random. Imputation, semiparametric regression surrogate and inverse marginal probability weighted approaches are developed to estimate the regression coefficients and the nonparametric function, respectively. All the proposed estimators for the regression coefficients are shown to be asymptotically normal, and the estimators for the nonparametric function are proved to converge at an optimal rate. A simulation study is conducted to compare the finite sample behavior of the proposed estimators.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Qi-Hua & Li, Gang, 2002. "Empirical Likelihood Semiparametric Regression Analysis under Random Censorship," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 469-486, November.
- Zonghui Hu, 2004. "Profile-kernel versus backfitting in the partially linear models for longitudinal/clustered data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(2), pages 251-262, June.
- Wang Q. & Linton O. & Hardle W., 2004.
"Semiparametric Regression Analysis With Missing Response at Random,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 334-345, January.
- Qihua Wang & Oliver Linton & Wolfgang Hardle, 2003. "Semiparametric regression analysis with missing response at random," CeMMAP working papers CWP11/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-54, July.
- Richard Schmalensee & Thomas M. Stoker, 1999. "Household Gasoline Demand in the United States," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(3), pages 645-662, May.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Zhimeng Sun & Zhi Su & Jingyi Ma, 2014. "Focused vector information criterion model selection and model averaging regression with missing response," Metrika, Springer, vol. 77(3), pages 415-432, April.
- Bianco, Ana & Boente, Graciela & González-Manteiga, Wenceslao & Pérez-González, Ana, 2010. "Estimation of the marginal location under a partially linear model with missing responses," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 546-564, February.
- Sun, Zhihua & Wang, Qihua & Dai, Pengjie, 2009. "Model checking for partially linear models with missing responses at random," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(4), pages 636-651, April.
- Chen, Songxi, 2012. "Estimation in semiparametric models with missing data," MPRA Paper 46216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ana Bianco & Graciela Boente & Wenceslao González-Manteiga & Ana Pérez-González, 2011. "Asymptotic behavior of robust estimators in partially linear models with missing responses: the effect of estimating the missing probability on the simplified marginal estimators," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 524-548, November.
- Xue, Liugen & Xue, Dong, 2011. "Empirical likelihood for semiparametric regression model with missing response data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(4), pages 723-740, April.
- Wangli Xu & Xu Guo, 2013. "Checking the adequacy of partial linear models with missing covariates at random," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 65(3), pages 473-490, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.