Multivariate conditional versions of Spearman's rho and related measures of tail dependence
AbstractA new family of conditional-dependence measures based on Spearman's rho is introduced. The corresponding multidimensional versions are established. Asymptotic distributional results are derived for related estimators which are based on the empirical copula. Particular emphasis is placed on a new type of multidimensional tail-dependence measure and its relationship to other measures of tail dependence is shown. Multivariate tail dependence describes the limiting amount of dependence in the vertices of the copula's domain.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 6 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ming Liu & Sumner la Croix, 2013. "A Cross-Country Index of Intellectual Property Rights in Pharmaceutical Innovations," Working Papers 201313, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Fung, Thomas & Seneta, Eugene, 2011. "The bivariate normal copula function is regularly varying," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(11), pages 1670-1676, November.
- Ferreira, Helena & Ferreira, Marta, 2012. "Tail dependence between order statistics," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 176-192.
- Ferreira, H., 2011. "Dependence between two multivariate extremes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(5), pages 586-591, May.
- Melanie Frick, 2012. "Measures of multivariate asymptotic dependence and their relation to spectral expansions," Metrika, Springer, vol. 75(6), pages 819-831, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.