Likelihood-based kernel estimation in semiparametric errors-in-covariables models with validation data
AbstractWe present methods to handle error-in-variables models. Kernel-based likelihood score estimating equation methods are developed for estimating conditional density parameters. In particular, a semiparametric likelihood method is proposed for sufficiently using the information in the data. The asymptotic distribution theory is derived. Small sample simulations and a real data set are used to illustrate the proposed estimation methods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Qihua, 2000. "Estimation of Linear Error-in-Covariables Models with Validation Data Under Random Censorship," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 245-266, August.
- C.-Y. Wang & Margaret Sullivan Pepe, 2000. "Expected estimating equations to accommodate covariate measurement error," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(3), pages 509-524.
- Zhang, Biao, 1997. "Empirical likelihood confidence intervals for M-functionals in the presence of auxiliary information," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 87-97, February.
- Wang, Qihua & Härdle, Wolfgang, 2002. "Empirical likelihood-based dimension reduction inference for linear error-in-responses models with validation study," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,82, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Wang, Qihua, 1999. "Estimation of Partial Linear Error-in-Variables Models with Validation Data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 30-64, April.
- Wai-Yin Poon & Hai-Bin Wang, 2010. "Bayesian Analysis of Multivariate Probit Models with Surrogate Outcome Data," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 75(3), pages 498-520, September.
- Wang, Qihua & Zhang, Riquan, 2009. "Statistical estimation in varying coefficient models with surrogate data and validation sampling," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2389-2405, November.
- Sun, Zhihua & Wang, Qihua & Dai, Pengjie, 2009. "Model checking for partially linear models with missing responses at random," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(4), pages 636-651, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.