Rates of convergence for partitioning and nearest neighbor regression estimates with unbounded data
AbstractEstimation of regression functions from independent and identically distributed data is considered. The L2 error with integration with respect to the design measure is used as an error criterion. Usually in the analysis of the rate of convergence of estimates besides smoothness assumptions on the regression function and moment conditions on Y also boundedness assumptions on X are made. In this article we consider partitioning and nearest neighbor estimates and show that by replacing the boundedness assumption on X by a proper moment condition the same rate of convergence can be shown as for bounded data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Györfi, László & Walk, Harro, 1997. "On the strong universal consistency of a recursive regression estimate by Pál Révész," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 177-183, January.
- Sancetta, A., 2007. "Online Forecast Combination for Dependent Heterogeneous Data," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0718, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Cattaneo, Matias D. & Farrell, Max H., 2013. "Optimal convergence rates, Bahadur representation, and asymptotic normality of partitioning estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 174(2), pages 127-143.
- Liitiäinen, Elia & Corona, Francesco & Lendasse, Amaury, 2010. "Residual variance estimation using a nearest neighbor statistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(4), pages 811-823, April.
- Kohler, Michael & Krzyżak, Adam, 2013. "Optimal global rates of convergence for interpolation problems with random design," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(8), pages 1871-1879.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.