Some positive dependence stochastic orders
AbstractIn this paper we study some stochastic orders of positive dependence that arise when the underlying random vectors are ordered with respect to some multivariate hazard rate stochastic orders, and have the same univariate marginal distributions. We show how the orders can be studied by restricting them to copulæ, we give a number of examples, and we study some positive dependence concepts that arise from the new positive dependence orders. We also discuss the relationship of the new orders to other positive dependence orders that have appeared in the literature.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Colangelo, Antonio & Scarsini, Marco & Shaked, Moshe, 2005. "Some notions of multivariate positive dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 13-26, August.
- Colangelo Antonio, 2006. "Some Positive Dependence Orderings involving Tail Dependence," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf0601, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Lucia, Umberto, 2013. "Thermodynamic paths and stochastic order in open systems," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(18), pages 3912-3919.
- Yu, Dennis Z. & Tang, Sammi Y. & Niederhoff, Julie, 2011. "On the benefits of operational flexibility in a distribution network with transshipment," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 350-361, June.
- Koen DECANCQ, 2009.
"Copula-based measurement of dependence between dimensions of well-being,"
Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers
ces09.24, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Decancq K, 2009. "Copula-based Measurement of Dependence Between Dimensions of Well-being," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/32, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Colangelo, Antonio & Hu, Taizhong & Shaked, Moshe, 2008. "Conditional orderings and positive dependence," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 358-371, March.
- Gijbels, Irène & Sznajder, Dominik, 2013. "Testing tail monotonicity by constrained copula estimation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 338-351.
- Sordo, Miguel A., 2008. "Characterizations of classes of risk measures by dispersive orders," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 1028-1034, June.
- Malinovsky, Yaakov & Rinott, Yosef, 2009. "On stochastic orders of absolute value of order statistics in symmetric distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(19), pages 2086-2091, October.
- Alessandra Michelangeli & Eugenio Peluso & Alain Trannoy, 2011. "Detecting a change in wealth concentration without the knowledge of the wealth distribution," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 373-391, September.
- Dolati, Ali & Genest, Christian & Kochar, Subhash C., 2008. "On the dependence between the extreme order statistics in the proportional hazards model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(5), pages 777-786, May.
- Chakravarty, Satya R. & Zoli, Claudio, 2012. "Stochastic dominance relations for integer variables," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(4), pages 1331-1341.
- Cha, Ji Hwan & Finkelstein, Maxim, 2011. "Burn-in and the performance quality measures in heterogeneous populations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(2), pages 273-280, April.
- Colangelo Antonio, 2005. "Multivariate hazard orderings of discrete random vectors," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf05010, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Torrado, Nuria & Lillo, Rosa E. & Wiper, Michael P., 2010. "On the conjecture of Kochar and Korwar," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(5), pages 1274-1283, May.
- Xu, Minghui & Lu, Ye, 2013. "The effect of supply uncertainty in price-setting newsvendor models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(3), pages 423-433.
- Ramesh Gupta, 2011. "Bivariate odds ratio and association measures," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 125-138, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.