Robust nonparametric estimators of monotone boundaries
AbstractThis paper revisits some asymptotic properties of the robust nonparametric estimators of order-m and order-[alpha] quantile frontiers and proposes isotonized version of these estimators. Previous convergence properties of the order-m frontier are extended (from weak uniform convergence to complete uniform convergence). Complete uniform convergence of the order-m (and of the quantile order-[alpha]) nonparametric estimators to the boundary is also established, for an appropriate choice of m (and of [alpha], respectively) as a function of the sample size. The new isotonized estimators share the asymptotic properties of the original ones and a simulated example shows, as expected, that these new versions are even more robust than the original estimators. The procedure is also illustrated through a real data set.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 96 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daouia, Abdelaati & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simar, Léopold, 2009.
"Regularization of Nonparametric Frontier Estimators,"
IDEI Working Papers
614, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Daouia, Abdelaati & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simar, Léopold, 2012. "Regularization of nonparametric frontier estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 285-299.
- Daouia, Abdelaati & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simar, Léopold, 2009. "Regularization of Nonparametric Frontier Estimators," TSE Working Papers 10-168, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Axel Schaffer & Jan Rauland, 2011. "Regional efficiency in generating technological knowledge," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1108, European Regional Science Association.
- Schaffer, Axel, 2011. "Appropriate policy measures to attract private capital in consideration of regional efficiency in using infrastructure and human capital," Working Paper Series in Economics 31, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Girard, Stéphane & Guillou, Armelle & Stupfler, Gilles, 2013. "Frontier estimation with kernel regression on high order moments," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 172-189.
- Krüger, Jens J., 2012. "A Monte Carlo study of old and new frontier methods for efficiency measurement," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(1), pages 137-148.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.