Local Polynomial Fitting in Semivarying Coefficient Model
AbstractVarying coefficient models are useful extensions of the classical linear models. Under the condition that the coefficient functions possess about the same degrees of smoothness, the model can easily be estimated via simple local regression. This leads to the one-step estimation procedure. In this paper, we consider a semivarying coefficient model which is an extension of the varying coefficient model, which is called the semivarying-coefficient model. Procedures for estimation of the linear part and the nonparametric part are developed and their associated statistical properties are studied. The proposed methods are illustrated by some simulation studies and a real example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 82 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhang, Wenyang & Lee, Sik-Yum, 2000. "Variable Bandwidth Selection in Varying-Coefficient Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 116-134, July.
- Huang, Zhensheng & Zhang, Riquan, 2009. "Efficient estimation of adaptive varying-coefficient partially linear regression model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(7), pages 943-952, April.
- Wong, Heung & Ip, Wai-cheung & Zhang, Riquan, 2008. "Varying-coefficient single-index model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 1458-1476, January.
- Neophyta Empora & Theofanis Mamuneas, 2011. "The Effect of Emissions on U.S. State Total Factor Productivity Growth," Review of Economic Analysis, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 3(2), pages 149-172, October.
- Yang, Hu & Li, Tingting, 2010. "Empirical likelihood for semiparametric varying coefficient partially linear models with longitudinal data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 111-121, January.
- Senturk, Damla & Nguyen, Danh V., 2006. "Estimation in covariate-adjusted regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(11), pages 3294-3310, July.
- Zongwu Cai & Zhijie Xiao, 2010.
"Semiparametric Quantile Regression Estimation in Dynamic Models with Partially Varying Coefficients,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
761, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cai, Zongwu & Xiao, Zhijie, 2012. "Semiparametric quantile regression estimation in dynamic models with partially varying coefficients," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 413-425.
- Cai, Zongwu & Das, Mitali & Xiong, Huaiyu & Wu, Xizhi, 2006. "Functional coefficient instrumental variables models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 207-241, July.
- Shang, Suoping & Zou, Changliang & Wang, Zhaojun, 2012. "Local Walsh-average regression for semiparametric varying-coefficient models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(10), pages 1815-1822.
- Delis, Manthos D & Iosifidi, Maria & Tsionas, Efthymios, 2012. "On the estimation of marginal cost," MPRA Paper 43514, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.