Asymptotics of Estimating Equations under Natural Conditions
AbstractIn a variety of statistical problems one needs to solve an equation in order to get an estimator. We consider the large sample properties of such estimators generated from samples that are not necessarily identically distributed. Very general assumptions that lead to the existence, strong consistency, and asymptotic normality of the estimators are given. A number of results that are useful in verifying the general assumptions are given and an example illustrates their use. General applications to maximum likelihood, iteratively reweighted least squares, and robust estimation are discussed briefly.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 65 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cheng, Ching-Shui & Li, Ker-Chau, 1984. "The strong consistency of M-estimators in linear models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 91-98, August.
- Yuan, Ke-Hai & Bentler, Peter M., 2006. "Asymptotic robustness of standard errors in multilevel structural equation models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1121-1141, May.
- Ke-Hai Yuan & Zhiyong Zhang, 2012. "Robust Structural Equation Modeling with Missing Data and Auxiliary Variables," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 77(4), pages 803-826, October.
- Yuan, Ke-Hai, 2009. "Normal distribution based pseudo ML for missing data: With applications to mean and covariance structure analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(9), pages 1900-1918, October.
- Feng, Jiarui & Zhu, Zhongyi, 2011. "Semiparametric analysis of longitudinal zero-inflated count data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 61-72, January.
- Ke-Hai Yuan & Kentaro Hayashi, 2005. "On muthén’s maximum likelihood for two-level covariance structure models," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 147-167, March.
- Mittelhammer, Ron C Dr. & Judge, George G., 2008.
"A Minimum Power Divergence Class of CDFs and Estimators for Binary Choice Models,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt7bc2828q, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Mittelhammer, Ronald C. & Judge, George G, 2008. "A minimum power divergence class of CDFs and estimators for binary choice models," CUDARE Working Paper Series 1059, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Tsimikas, John V. & Bantis, Leonidas E. & Georgiou, Stelios D., 2012. "Inference in generalized linear regression models with a censored covariate," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 1854-1868.
- Claeskens, Gerda & Aerts, Marc, 2000. "On local estimating equations in additive multiparameter models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 139-148, August.
- Yuan, Ke-Hai & Bentler, Peter M., 2003. "Eight test statistics for multilevel structural equation models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 89-107, October.
- Kano, Yutaka & Takai, Keiji, 2011. "Analysis of NMAR missing data without specifying missing-data mechanisms in a linear latent variate model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(9), pages 1241-1255, October.
- Ke-Hai Yuan & Brad Bushman, 2002. "Combining standardized mean differences using the method of maximum likelihood," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 67(4), pages 589-607, December.
- Boik, Robert J., 2008. "An implicit function approach to constrained optimization with applications to asymptotic expansions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 465-489, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.