Robust tests based on dual divergence estimators and saddlepoint approximations
AbstractThis paper is devoted to robust hypothesis testing based on saddlepoint approximations in the framework of general parametric models. As is known, two main problems can arise when using classical tests. First, the models are approximations of reality and slight deviations from them can lead to unreliable results when using classical tests based on these models. Then, even if a model is correctly chosen, the classical tests are based on first order asymptotic theory. This can lead to inaccurate p-values when the sample size is moderate or small. To overcome these problems, robust tests based on dual divergence estimators and saddlepoint approximations, with good performances in small samples, are proposed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chris Field & John Robinson & Elvezio Ronchetti, 2008. "Saddlepoint approximations for multivariate M-estimates with applications to bootstrap accuracy," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 60(1), pages 205-224, March.
- Broniatowski, Michel & Keziou, Amor, 2009. "Parametric estimation and tests through divergences and the duality technique," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 16-36, January.
- Chris Field & John Robinson & Elvezio Ronchetti, 2008. "Saddlepoint approximations for multivariate M-estimates with applications to bootstrap accuracy," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 60(1), pages 225-227, March.
- Chalabi, Yohan & Wuertz, Diethelm, 2012. "Portfolio optimization based on divergence measures," MPRA Paper 43332, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toma, Aida & Broniatowski, Michel, 2011. "Dual divergence estimators and tests: Robustness results," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 20-36, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.