Dual divergence estimators and tests: Robustness results
AbstractThe class of dual [phi]-divergence estimators (introduced in Broniatowski and Keziou (2009) ) is explored with respect to robustness through the influence function approach. For scale and location models, this class is investigated in terms of robustness and asymptotic relative efficiency. Some hypothesis tests based on dual divergence criteria are proposed and their robustness properties are studied. The empirical performances of these estimators and tests are illustrated by Monte Carlo simulation for both non-contaminated and contaminated data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Toma, Aida & Leoni-Aubin, Samuela, 2010. "Robust tests based on dual divergence estimators and saddlepoint approximations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(5), pages 1143-1155, May.
- Raúl Jiménz & Yongzhao Shao, 2001. "On robustness and efficiency of minimum divergence estimators," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 241-248, December.
- Rosario Dell'Aquila & Elvezio Ronchetti, 2004. "Robust tests of predictive accuracy," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 161-184.
- Broniatowski, Michel & Keziou, Amor, 2009. "Parametric estimation and tests through divergences and the duality technique," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 16-36, January.
- Toma, Aida, 2009. "Optimal robust M-estimators using divergences," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 1-5, January.
- Chalabi, Yohan & Wuertz, Diethelm, 2012. "Portfolio optimization based on divergence measures," MPRA Paper 43332, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.