Analysis of correlated binary data under partially linear single-index logistic models
AbstractClustered data arise commonly in practice and it is often of interest to estimate the mean response parameters as well as the association parameters. However, most research has been directed to address the mean response parameters with the association parameters relegated to a nuisance role. There is relatively little work concerning both the marginal and association structures, especially in the semiparametric framework. In this paper, our interest centers on the inference of both the marginal and association parameters. We develop a semiparametric method for clustered binary data and establish the theoretical results. The proposed methodology is investigated through various numerical studies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 100 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- 62G - - - - - -
- 62G - - - - - -
- sec - - - - - -
- 62G - - - - - -
- Ass - General Economics and Teaching - - - - -
- Bin - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - - - -
- out - - - - - -
- Clu - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- dat - - - - - -
- Est - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - - - -
- equ - - - - - -
- Mar - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - - - -
- mea - - - - - -
- Sem - - - - - -
- est - - - - - -
- Und - - - - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jianqing Fan & Runze Li, 2004. "New Estimation and Model Selection Procedures for Semiparametric Modeling in Longitudinal Data Analysis," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 710-723, January.
- Lin X. & Carroll R. J., 2001. "Semiparametric Regression for Clustered Data Using Generalized Estimating Equations," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1045-1056, September.
- Xia, Yingcun, 2006. "Asymptotic Distributions For Two Estimators Of The Single-Index Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(06), pages 1112-1137, December.
- Naisyin Wang, 2003. "Marginal nonparametric kernel regression accounting for within-subject correlation," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(1), pages 43-52, March.
- Liang H. & Wang S. & Robins J.M. & Carroll R.J., 2004. "Estimation in Partially Linear Models With Missing Covariates," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 357-367, January.
- Sungduk Kim & Ming-Hui Chen & Dipak K. Dey, 2008. "Flexible generalized t-link models for binary response data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(1), pages 93-106.
- Xia, Yingcun & Härdle, Wolfgang, 2006. "Semi-parametric estimation of partially linear single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1162-1184, May.
- Naisyin Wang & Raymond J. Carroll & Xihong Lin, 2005. "Efficient Semiparametric Marginal Estimation for Longitudinal/Clustered Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 147-157, March.
- Efang Kong & Yingcun Xia, 2007. "Variable selection for the single‐index model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(1), pages 217-229.
- Yi G.Y. & Cook R.J., 2002. "Marginal Methods for Incomplete Longitudinal Data Arising in Clusters," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1071-1080, December.
- Grace Yi & Wenqing He & Hua Liang, 2011. "Semiparametric marginal and association regression methods for clustered binary data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 63(3), pages 511-533, June.
- Xu, Peirong & Zhu, Lixing, 2012. "Estimation for a marginal generalized single-index longitudinal model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 285-299.
- Graciela Boente & Daniela Rodriguez, 2012. "Robust estimates in generalized partially linear single-index models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 386-411, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.