AbstractThis paper shows how nonperiodic fluctuations can emerge in the standard fix price macroeconomic model when induced investment is strong enough. Specific functional forms are used to illustrate the phenomenon and to compute numerical evidence that nonperiodic fluctuations need not be rare.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 7 (1985)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hallegatte, Stéphane & Ghil, Michael & Dumas, Patrice & Hourcade, Jean-Charles, 2008.
"Business cycles, bifurcations and chaos in a neo-classical model with investment dynamics,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 57-77, July.
- Stéphane Hallegatte & Michael Ghil & Patrice Dumas & Jean-Charles Hourcade, 2008. "Business Cycles, Bifurcations and Chaos in a Neo-Classical Model with Investment Dynamics," Post-Print halshs-00007196, HAL.
- Soliman, A. S., 1999. "An Analysis of the Effectiveness of Policy Based on Basins of Attraction," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 165-178, January.
- Kitagawa, Akiomi & Shibata, Akihisa, 2001. "Long gestation in an overlapping generations economy: endogenous cycles and indeterminacy of equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 99-127, February.
- Ted Theodosopoulos & Muffasir Badshah, 2004. "Short-term equity dynamics and endogenous market fluctuations," Papers math/0406067, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2004.
- Swenson, Charles W., 1997. "Rational expectations and tax policy: Experimental market evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 433-455, March.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2005. "Interactions d'échelles en économie : Application à l'évaluation intégré des dommages du changement climatique et des événements extrêmes," Working Papers halshs-00008712, HAL.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2005. "Interactions d'échelles en économie : Application à l'évaluation intégré des dommages du changement climatique et des événements extrêmes," CIRED Working Papers halshs-00008712, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.