Perfect Correlated Equilibria
AbstractThe ([ epsilon ] -) perfect correlated equilibria (P.C.E.) are those induced by a ([ epsilon ] -) perfect equilibrium of some correlation device. The "revelation principle" fails for this concept - the direct mechanism may not yield a perfect equilibrium. The approximately perfect correlated equilibria (A.P.C.E.) are the limits of [ epsilon ]-P.C.E., and we obtain a full characterisation for them. Even the A.P.C.E. are "acceptable". We argue on an example that, among those, these are the P.C.E. which seem the "right" concept.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 68 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Other versions of this item:
- DHILLON, Amrita & MERTENS, Jean-François, 1992. "Perfect correlated equilibria," CORE Discussion Papers 1992039, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dhillon, A. & Mertens, J.F., . "Perfect correlated equilibria," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1197, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shurojit Chatterji & Srihari Govindan, 2006.
"Message spaces for perfect correlated equilibria,"
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 475-479, 06.
- Dino Gerardi & Leeat Yariv, 2003. "Putting Your Ballot Where Your Mouth Is: An Analysis of Collective Choice with Communication," UCLA Economics Working Papers 827, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Yannick Viossat, 2010.
"Properties and applications of dual reduction,"
Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 53-68, July.
- Yannick Viossat, 2003.
"Properties of Dual Reduction,"
- Mertens, J. F., 2003.
"The limit-price mechanism,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(5-6), pages 433-528, July.
- Dino Gerardi & Roger B. Myerson, 2005.
"Sequential Equilibria in Bayesian Games with Communication,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1542, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Gerardi, Dino & Myerson, Roger B., 2007. "Sequential equilibria in Bayesian games with communication," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 104-134, July.
- Myerson, Roger B., 1997.
"Dual Reduction and Elementary Games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 183-202, October.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2008. "Behavioral Properties of Correlated Equilibrium; Social Group Structures with Conformity and Stereotyping," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0814, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Kam-Chau Wong & Chongmin Kim, 2004. "Evolutionarily Stable Correlation," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 495, Econometric Society.
- Péter Vida & Francoise Forges, 2011.
"Implementation of Communication Equilibria by Correlated Cheap Talk: The Two-Player Case,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3360, CESifo Group Munich.
- Forges, Françoise & Vida, Péter, 2013. "Implementation of communication equilibria by correlated cheap talk: The two-player case," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 8(1), January.
- Zhigang Cao, 2011. "Remarks on Bargaining and Cooperation in Strategic Form Games," Discussion Paper Series dp565, The Center for the Study of Rationality, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- John Hillas & Elon Kohlberg, 1996. "Foundations of Strategic Equilibrium," Game Theory and Information 9606002, EconWPA, revised 18 Sep 1996.
- Zhigang Cao, 2013. "Bargaining and cooperation in strategic form games with suspended realizations of threats," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 337-358, July.
- Pavlo Prokopovych & Lones Smith, 2004. "Subgame Perfect Correlated Equilibria in Repeated Games," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 287, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.