Temporary Equilibrium Dynamics with Bayesian Learning
AbstractThis paper examines the stability of deterministic steady-states in a class of economies where the state -variable is one dimensional and where agents use Bayesian techniques to form expectations. Thr dynamics with learning are locally convergent if the prior mean is close to a stable perfect foresight root having modulus less than 1 and if the prior beliefs are held with enough confidence. Thr dynamics are however divergent if the prior mean or the variance of the prior distribution is sufficiently large.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 67 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Other versions of this item:
- Shurojit Chatterji, 1995. "Temporary Eq'Uilibrium Dynamics With Bayesian Learning," Working Papers. Serie AD 1995-09, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wilfredo Leiva, 1999. "Adaptive learning in models with lagged variables," Economics Working Papers 413, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Araújo, Aloísio Pessoa de & Maldonado, Wilfredo L., 2001. "A Note on Learning Chaotic Sunspot Equilibrium," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 423, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Shurojit Chatterji & Ignacio Lobato, 2009.
"Transformations of the State Variable and Learning Dynamics,"
0902, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Shurojit Chatterji & Ignacio N. Lobato, 2010. "Transformations of the state variable and learning dynamics," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 6(4), pages 385-403.
- Shurojit Chatterji & Ignacio Lobato, 2007. "Transformations of the State Variable and Learning Dynamics," Working Papers 0708, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Chatterji, Shurojit, 2004. "Subjective temporary equilibrium," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1757-1780, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.