An Economic Analysis of the Fisheries Bycatch Problem
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 31 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marta Escapa & RaÚl Prellezo, 2003.
"Fishing Technology and Optimal Distribution of Harvest Rates,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 25(3), pages 377-394, July.
- Escapa García, Marta & Prellezo, Raúl, 1999. "Fishing Technology and Optimal Distribution of Harvest Rates," BILTOKI 1999-07, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Abbott, Joshua K. & Wilen, James E., 2011. "Dissecting the tragedy: A spatial model of behavior in the commons," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 386-401.
- Frank Jensen & Niels Vestergaard, 2000. "Moral Hazard Problems in Fisheries Regulation: The Case og Illegal Landings," Working Papers 9/00, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Environmental and Business Economics.
- Hoagland, Porter & Jin, Di, 1997. "A Model Of Bycatch Involving A Passive Use Stock," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 12(1).
- R. Quentin Grafton & Harry W. Nelson & Bruce Turris, 2005. "How to Resolve the Class II Common Property Problem? The Case of British Columbia's Multi-Species Groundfish Traw," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0506, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Mukherjee, Zinnia & Segerson, Kathleen, 2011. "Turtle Excluder Device Regulation and Shrimp Harvest: The Role of Behavioral and Market Responses," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 26(3).
- Singh, Rajesh & Weninger, Quinn, 2012. "Trading Frictions and Fishery Discards," Staff General Research Papers 35039, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Abbott, Joshua K. & Wilen, James E., 2006. "Strategic Joint Production Under Common-Pool Output Quotas: The Case of Fisheries Bycatch," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21468, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Singh, Rajesh & Weninger, Quinn, 2012. "Sea-turtle bycatch management in rights-based fisheries under stock uncertainty," Staff General Research Papers 35320, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mª. Dolores Garza Gil & Manuel M. Varela Lafuente & Juan C. Surís Regueiro, 2006. "Management of a fishery using taxes: The European hake fishery," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 177(2), pages 9-23, July.
- Da Rocha, José María & Antelo, Luis T. & Gutiérrez Huerta, María José, 2012. "Selectivity, pulse fishing and endogenous lifespan in Beverton-Holt models," DFAEII Working Papers 2012-11, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Deacon, Robert T & Parker, Dominic P., 2008. "Encumbering Harvest Rights to Protect Marine Environments: A Model of Marine Conservation Easements," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt16d083c3, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Singh, Rajesh & Weninger, Quinn, 2009. "Bio-Economies of Scope and the Discard Problem in Mulitple Species Fisheries," Staff General Research Papers 12839, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Holland, D.S., 2010. "Markets, pooling and insurance for managing bycatch in fisheries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 121-133, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.