Valuing public goods with the contingent valuation method: A critique of kahneman and knetsch
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 23 (1992)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nick Hanley & Clive Spash & Lorna Walker, 1995.
"Problems in valuing the benefits of biodiversity protection,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(3), pages 249-272, April.
- Nick Hanley & Clive Spash & Lorna Walker, 1994. "Problems in Valuing the Benefits of Biodiversity Protection," Working Papers Series 94/8, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Veisten, Knut, 2007. "Contingent valuation controversies: Philosophic debates about economic theory," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 204-232, April.
- Schulze, William D. & McClelland, Gary H. & Lazo, Jeffrey K. & Rowe, Robert D., 1998. "Embedding and calibration in measuring non-use values," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 163-178, June.
- Di Jin & Hauke Kite-Powell & James Broadus, 1994. "Dynamic economic analysis of marine pollution prevention technologies: An application to double hulls and electronic charts," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(6), pages 555-580, December.
- Blamey, Russell K. & Common, Mick S. & Quiggin, John C., 1995.
"Respondents To Contingent Valuation Surveys: Consumers Or Citizens?,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(03), December.
- R.K. Blamey & Mick S. Common & John C. Quiggin, 1995. "Respondents To Contingent Valuation Surveys: Consumers Or Citizens?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(3), pages 263-288, December.
- Ian J. Bateman & Michael P. Cameron & Antreas Tsoumas, 2006. "Investigating the Characteristics of Stated Preferences for Reducing the Impacts of Air Pollution: A Contingent Valuation Experiment," Working Papers in Economics 06/08, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Moran, D., 1997. "Investing in biological diversity: economic valuation and priorities for development," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Cooper, Philip & Poe, Gregory L. & Bateman, Ian J., 2004. "The structure of motivation for contingent values: a case study of lake water quality improvement," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1-2), pages 69-82, September.
- W. Michael Hanemann, 1994. "Valuing the Environment through Contingent Valuation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 19-43, Fall.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof, 2006. "Cost Benefit Rules when Nature Counts," Working Papers in Economics 198, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 09 May 2006.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof, 2001. "Environmental Policy when People's Preferences are Inconsistent, Non-Welfaristic, or simply Not Developed," Working Papers in Economics 34, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ruud Hoevenagel, 1996. "The validity of the contingent valuation method: Perfect and regular embedding," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 7(1), pages 57-78, January.
- Carson, Richard T & Flores, Nicholas A, 2000.
"Contingent Valuation: Controversies and Evidence,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt75k752s7, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Powe, N. A. & Bateman, I. J., 2003. "Ordering effects in nested 'top-down' and 'bottom-up' contingent valuation designs," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 255-270, June.
- Stern, David I., 1997. "Limits to substitution and irreversibility in production and consumption: A neoclassical interpretation of ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 197-215, June.
- Jeremy Clark & Lana Friesen, 2006.
"The Causes of Order Effects in Contingent Valuation Surveys: An Experimental Investigation,"
Working Papers in Economics
06/06, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Clark, Jeremy & Friesen, Lana, 2008. "The causes of order effects in contingent valuation surveys: An experimental investigation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 195-206, September.
- Shomu Banerjee & James H. Murphy, 2004. "The Scope Test Revisited," Emory Economics 0420, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- David E. Clark & Robert Griffin & Vladimir Novoty, 2005. "Assessing the Determinants of Willingness to Pay for Urban Flood Control: The Role of Locational, Demographic and attitudinal Factors," Working Papers and Research 0503, Marquette University, Center for Global and Economic Studies and Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.