The social cost of uniform regulatory standards in a hierarchical government
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 19 (1990)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arguedas, Carmen & Earnhart, Dietrich & Rousseau, Sandra, 2013. "Effluent Limits, Ambient Quality, and Monitoring," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2013/08, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Caplan, Arthur J., 2003.
"Reputation and the control of pollution,"
Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 197-212, December.
- Arguedas, Carmen & Rousseau, Sandra, 2009.
"A Note on the Complementarity of Uniform Emission Standards and Monitoring Strategies,"
Working Papers in Economic Theory
2009/06, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Arguedas, Carmen & Rousseau, Sandra, 2009. "A note on the complementarity of uniform emission standards and monitoring strategies," Working Papers 2009/12, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Amacher, Gregory S. & Malik, Arun S., 1998. "Instrument Choice When Regulators and Firms Bargain," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 225-241, May.
- Andrew Keeler, 1995. "Regulatory objectives and enforcement behavior," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 6(1), pages 73-85, July.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1995. "Leading issues in domestic environmental regulation: A review essay," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 23-39, January.
- Villegas, Clara & Coria, Jessica, 2009.
"Taxes, Permits and the Adoption of Abatement Technology under Imperfect Compliance,"
Working Papers in Economics
368, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Villegas, Clara & Coria, Jessica, 2009. "Taxes, Permits, and the Adoptation of Abatement Technology under Imperfect Compliance," Discussion Papers dp-09-20-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Laurent Franckx, 1998.
"The use of ambient inspections in environmental monitoring and enforcement when the inspection agency cannot commit itself to announced inspection probabilities,"
Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers
ces9835, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Franckx, Laurent, 2002. "The Use of Ambient Inspections in Environmental Monitoring and Enforcement When the Inspection Agency Cannot Commit Itself to Announced Inspection Probabilities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 71-92, January.
- Chung-Huang Huang, 1996. "Effectiveness of environmental regulations under imperfect enforcement and the firm's avoidance behavior," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 8(2), pages 183-204, September.
- Harford, Jon D., 2000. "Initial and Continuing Compliance and the Trade-Off between Monitoring and Control Cost," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 151-163, September.
- Hutchinson, Emma & Kennedy, Peter W., 2008. "State enforcement of federal standards: Implications for interstate pollution," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 316-344, August.
- Jack, William, 1992. "Power sharing and pollution control : coordinating policies among levels of government," Policy Research Working Paper Series 887, The World Bank.
- Timo Goeschl & Ole Jürgens, 2014. "Criminalizing environmental offences: when the prosecutor’s helping hand hurts," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 199-219, April.
- Germani, Anna Rita & Morone, Andrea & Morone, Piergiuseppe & Scaramozzino, Pasquale, 2013. "Discretionary enforcement and strategic interactions between firms, regulatory agency and justice department: a theoretical and empirical investigation," MPRA Paper 51369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bose, Pinaki, 1995. "Anticipatory compliance and effective regulatory activity," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 151-159, June.
- Estache, Antonio & Zheng, Kangbin, 1992. "Managing pollution control in Brazil : the potential use of taxes and fines by federal and state governments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 929, The World Bank.
- Gilles Rotillon & Philippe Bontems, 2000. "Honnêteté et conformité environnementale," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 143(2), pages 117-127.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.