Cognitive dissonance and utility maximization : A general framework
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 8 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Smets, Lodewijk & Knack, Stephen & Molenaers, Nadia, 2012.
"Political ideology, quality at entry and the success of economic reform programs,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6130, The World Bank.
- Lodewijk Smets & Stephen Knack & Nadia Molenaers, 2013. "Political ideology, quality at entry and the success of economic reform programs," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 447-476, December.
- Balestrino, Alessandro & Ciardi, Cinzia, 2008.
"Social norms, cognitive dissonance and the timing of marriage,"
The Journal of Socio-Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2399-2410, December.
- Alessandro Balestrino & Cinzia Ciardi, 2007. "Social Norms, Cognitive Dissonance and the Timing of Marriage," CESifo Working Paper Series 2068, CESifo Group Munich.
- Berger, Lawrence M., 2004. "Income, family structure, and child maltreatment risk," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 725-748, August.
- Holm, Håkan, 2000. "Politically Correct Information Adoption," Working Papers 2000:5, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- LEVY-GARBOUA, Louis & MONTMARQUETTE, Claude, 1997.
"Reported Job Satisfaction : What Does It Mean?,"
Cahiers de recherche
9705, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette, 2004. "Reported job satisfaction : What does it mean?," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00203197, HAL.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette, 1997. "Reported Job Satisfaction: What Does It Mean?," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-09, CIRANO.
- Bruno Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2005.
"Happiness Research: State and Prospects,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 63(2), pages 207-228.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2004. "Happiness Research: State and Prospects," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-10, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, . "Happiness Research: State and Prospects," IEW - Working Papers 190, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey, . "Happiness Research: State and Prospects," IEW - Working Papers 192, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Frijters, Paul, 2000. "Do individuals try to maximize general satisfaction?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 281-304, June.
- Meyerson, Eva M. & Lang, Harald, 1993. "Ownership Structure and Team Composition: An Application of Purposive Action on Manager's Risk Behavior," Working Paper Series 396, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Smith, John, 2009. "Cognitive dissonance and the overtaking anomaly: Psychology in the principal-agent relationship," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 684-690, August.
- Samuel Cameron, 2009. "Widening the Economic Approach to Hatred," Forum for Social Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 19-29, April.
- Hosseini, Hamid, 2003. "The arrival of behavioral economics: from Michigan, or the Carnegie School in the 1950s and the early 1960s?," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 391-409, September.
- Meyerson, Eva M., 1991. "Recruitment Procedures and Team Composition," Working Paper Series 315, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- KaragÃ¶zoğlu Emin, 2010. "A Dynamic Model of Decision-making Under Cognitive Dissonance and Modularity of Mind," Research Memoranda 014, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Hosseini, Hamid, 1997. "Cognitive dissonance as a means of explaining economics of irrationality and uncertainty," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 181-189.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.