The influence of guided preparation on the long-term performance of new ventures
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 20 (2005)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chrisman, James J. & Hoy, Frank & Robinson, Richard Jr., 1987. "New venture development: The costs and benefits of public sector assistance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 315-328.
- Busenitz, Lowell W. & Barney, Jay B., 1997. "Differences between entrepreneurs and managers in large organizations: Biases and heuristics in strategic decision-making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 9-30, January.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1994. "Better Evaluation Is Needed for Economic Development Programs to Thrive," Economic Development Quarterly, , , vol. 8(2), pages 99-106, May.
- Durand, Rodolphe & Coeurderoy, Regis, 2001. "Age, order of entry, strategic orientation, and organizational performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 471-494, September.
- Almeida, Paul & Dokko, Gina & Rosenkopf, Lori, 2003. "Startup size and the mechanisms of external learning: increasing opportunity and decreasing ability?," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 301-315, February.
- Carter, Nancy M. & Gartner, William B. & Reynolds, Paul D., 1996. "Exploring start-up event sequences," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 151-166, May.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Woo, Carolyn Y. & Dunkelberg, William C., 1989. "Entrepreneurship and the initial size of firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 4(5), pages 317-332, September.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- Sandberg, William R. & Hofer, Charles W., 1987. "Improving new venture performance: The role of strategy, industry structure, and the entrepreneur," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 5-28.
- Lerner, Josh, 1999. "The Government as Venture Capitalist: The Long-Run Impact of the SBIR Program," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(3), pages 285-318, July.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Gimeno-Gascon, F. Javier & Woo, Carolyn Y., 1994. "Initial human and financial capital as predictors of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 371-395, September.
- Ronstadt, Robert, 1988. "The Corridor Principle," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 31-40.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1514-1514, December.
- Capelleras, Joan-Lluis & Mole, Kevin F., 2012. "How ‘buzz’ reduces uncertainty for new firm founders," MPRA Paper 38170, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mayer-Haug, Katrin & Read, Stuart & Brinckmann, Jan & Dew, Nicholas & Grichnik, Dietmar, 2013. "Entrepreneurial talent and venture performance: A meta-analytic investigation of SMEs," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1251-1273.
- Howard Aldrich & Tiantian Yang, 2014. "How do entrepreneurs know what to do? learning and organizing in new ventures," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 59-82, January.
- Stam, Wouter & Arzlanian, Souren & Elfring, Tom, 2014. "Social capital of entrepreneurs and small firm performance: A meta-analysis of contextual and methodological moderators," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 152-173.
- Greene, Francis, 2012. "Should the focus of publicly provided small business assistance be on start-ups or growth businesses?," Occasional Papers, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand 12/2, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- James J. Chrisman & W.E. McMullan & J. Kirk Ring & Daniel T. Holt, 2012. "Purpose – The purpose of this paper is to apply the theory of guided preparation to investigate the relative impact of outside counseling assistance and entrepreneurship courses on new venture creat," Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(4), pages 63-83, April.
- Seo, Joo Hwan & Perry, Vanessa G. & Tomczyk, David & Solomon, George T., 2014. "Who benefits most? The effects of managerial assistance on high- versus low-performing small businesses," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2845-2852.
- Franz Kellermanns & Kimberly Eddleston & Ravi Sarathy & Fran Murphy, 2012. "Innovativeness in family firms: a family influence perspective," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 85-101, January.
- Gruber, Marc, 2007. "Uncovering the value of planning in new venture creation: A process and contingency perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 782-807, November.
- Kevin Mole & Robert Baldock & David North, 2013. "Who Takes Advice? Firm Size Threshold, Competence, Concerns and Informality in a Contingency Approach," Research Papers, University of Warwick, Warwick Business School, Enterprise Research Centre 0009, University of Warwick, Warwick Business School, Enterprise Research Centre.
- F. Stam & Neil Thompson & Andrea Herrmann & Marko Hekkert, 2012. "The Environmental Regulation Paradox for Clean Tech Ventures," Scales Research Reports, EIM Business and Policy Research H201217, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Cumming, Douglas J. & Fischer, Eileen, 2012. "Publicly funded business advisory services and entrepreneurial outcomes," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 467-481.
- Rotger, Gabriel Pons & Gørtz, Mette & Storey, David J., 2012. "Assessing the effectiveness of guided preparation for new venture creation and performance: Theory and practice," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 506-521.
- Song, Michael & Wang, Tang & Parry, Mark E., 2010. "Do market information processes improve new venture performance?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 556-568, November.
- Memili, Esra & Eddleston, Kimberly A. & Kellermanns, Franz W. & Zellweger, Thomas M. & Barnett, Tim, 2010. "The critical path to family firm success through entrepreneurial risk taking and image," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 200-209, December.
- Sujata Byravan, 2009. "Gender and Innovation in South Asia," Working Papers id:1890, eSocialSciences.
- Chua, Jess H. & Chrisman, James J. & Kellermanns, Franz & Wu, Zhenyu, 2011. "Family involvement and new venture debt financing," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 472-488, July.
- Unger, Jens M. & Rauch, Andreas & Frese, Michael & Rosenbusch, Nina, 2011. "Human capital and entrepreneurial success: A meta-analytical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 341-358, May.
- Richard B. Carter & Howard Van Auken, 2007. "Capital Acquisition Attitudes: Gender and Experience," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 12(2), pages 55-74, Fall.
- Roland Kidwell & Franz Kellermanns & Kimberly Eddleston, 2012. "Harmony, Justice, Confusion, and Conflict in Family Firms: Implications for Ethical Climate and the “Fredo Effect”," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, Springer, vol. 106(4), pages 503-517, April.
- Lovgren, Adam & Ross, R. Brent & Peterson, H. Christopher, 2012. "Overcoming Selection Bias in Measuring the Effect of Entrepreneurial Assistance Programs," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association 124815, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.