Beyond social capital: the role of entrepreneurs' social competence in their financial success
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 18 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oe, Akitsu & Mitsuhashi, Hitoshi, 2013. "Founders' experiences for startups' fast break-even," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2193-2201.
- Hartog, Joop & van Praag, Mirjam & van der Sluis, Justin, 2008.
"If You Are So Smart, Why Aren't You an Entrepreneur? Returns to Cognitive and Social Ability: Entrepreneurs versus Employees,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3648, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joop Hartog & Mirjam Van Praag & Justin Van Der Sluis, 2010. "If You Are So Smart, Why Aren't You an Entrepreneur? Returns to Cognitive and Social Ability: Entrepreneurs Versus Employees," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 947-989, December.
- Joop Hartog & Mirjam van Praag & Justin van der Sluis, 2008. "If you are so smart, why aren't you an entrepreneur? Returns to cognitive and social ability: Entrepreneurs versus employees," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-084, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Rabbiosi, Larissa & Santangelo, Grazia D., 2013. "Parent company benefits from reverse knowledge transfer: The role of the liability of newness in MNEs," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 160-170.
- Mitchell, J. Robert & Shepherd, Dean A., 2010. "To thine own self be true: Images of self, images of opportunity, and entrepreneurial action," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 138-154, January.
- Yoon Lee & Maria Marshall, 2013. "Goal Orientation and Performance of Family Businesses," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 265-274, September.
- Brush, Candida G., 2008. "Pioneering strategies for entrepreneurial success," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 21-27.
- Lichtenstein, Benyamin B. & Carter, Nancy M. & Dooley, Kevin J. & Gartner, William B., 2007. "Complexity dynamics of nascent entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 236-261, March.
- McKelvie, Alexander & Haynie, J. Michael & Gustavsson, Veronica, 2011. "Unpacking the uncertainty construct: Implications for entrepreneurial action," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 273-292, May.
- Fischer, Eileen & Reuber, A. Rebecca, 2011. "Social interaction via new social media: (How) can interactions on Twitter affect effectual thinking and behavior?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Wagener, S.L. & Gorgievski-Duijvesteijn, M.J. & Rijsdijk, S.A., 2008. "Businessman or Host? Individual Differences between Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners in the Hospitality Industry," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-073-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Walter, Achim & Auer, Michael & Ritter, Thomas, 2006. "The impact of network capabilities and entrepreneurial orientation on university spin-off performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 541-567, July.
- Joop Hartog & Mirjam van Praag & Justin van der Sluis, 2008. "If you are so smart, why aren't you an Entrepreneur?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-073/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bernard Dussuc & Sébastien Geindre, 2012. "Capital social, théorie des réseaux sociaux et recherche en PME : une revue de la littérature," Post-Print halshs-00747912, HAL.
- Matthew Lindquist & Joeri Sol & Mirjam van Praag, 2012. "Why do Entrepreneurial Parents have Entrepreneurial Children?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-062/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 30 Apr 2014.
- Jack, Sarah L., 2010. "Approaches to studying networks: Implications and outcomes," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 120-137, January.
- Dai, Fu & Wang, Karen Yuan & Teo, Stephen T.T., 2011. "Chinese immigrants in network marketing business in Western host country context," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 659-669.
- Parhankangas, Annaleena & Ehrlich, Michael, 2014. "How entrepreneurs seduce business angels: An impression management approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 543-564.
- Zhang, Zhen & Zyphur, Michael J. & Narayanan, Jayanth & Arvey, Richard D. & Chaturvedi, Sankalp & Avolio, Bruce J. & Lichtenstein, Paul & Larsson, Gerry, 2009. "The genetic basis of entrepreneurship: Effects of gender and personality," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 93-107, November.
- Esther Hormiga PEREZ & Rosa M. Batista CANINO, 2009. "The Importance of the Entrepreneur’s Perception of “Success”," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 10(5), pages 990-1010, December.
- Lau, Victor P. & Dimitrova, Mihaela N. & Shaffer, Margaret A. & Davidkov, Tzvetan & Yordanova, Desislava I., 2012. "Entrepreneurial Readiness and Firm Growth: An Integrated Etic and Emic Approach," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 147-159.
- Nicolaou, Nicos & Shane, Scott, 2009. "Can genetic factors influence the likelihood of engaging in entrepreneurial activity?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Fischer, Eileen & Rebecca Reuber, A., 2014. "Online entrepreneurial communication: Mitigating uncertainty and increasing differentiation via Twitter," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 565-583.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.