New firm survival: Industry, strategy, and location
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 10 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert H. Keeley & Juan B. Roure, 1990. "Management, Strategy, and Industry Structure As Influences on the Success of New Firms: A Structural Model," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 36(10), pages 1256-1267, October.
- Sandberg, William R. & Hofer, Charles W., 1987. "Improving new venture performance: The role of strategy, industry structure, and the entrepreneur," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 5-28.
- Mikaela Backman, 2013. "Who says life is over after 55?- New firm formation and an ageing population," ERSA conference papers, European Regional Science Association ersa13p58, European Regional Science Association.
- Larrañeta, Bárbara & Zahra, Shaker A. & González, José Luis Galán, 2012. "Enriching strategic variety in new ventures through external knowledge," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 401-413.
- Backman, Mikaela & Karlsson, Charlie, 2013. "Who says life is over after 55? Entrepreneurship and an aging population," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies 325, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Elena Cefis & Orietta Marsili, 2011. "Born to flip. Exit decisions of entrepreneurial firms in high-tech and low-tech industries," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 473-498, August.
- Winter, Mary & Danes, Sharon M. & Koh, Sun-Kang & Fredericks, Kelly & Paul, Jennifer J., 2004. "Tracking family businesses and their owners over time: panel attrition, manager departure and business demise," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 535-559, July.
- Li Yu & Peter F. Orazem & Robert W. Jolly, 2010.
"Why Do Rural Firms Live Longer?,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 669-688.
- Yu, Li & Orazem, Peter & Jolly, Robert W., 2009. "Why Do Rural Firms Live Longer?," Staff General Research Papers, Iowa State University, Department of Economics 13085, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Carter, Nancy M. & Williams, Mary & Reynolds, Paul D., 1997. "Discontinuance among new firms in retail: The influence of initial resources, strategy, and gender," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 125-145, March.
- Jiatao Li, 2013. "The internationalization of entrepreneurial firms from emerging economies: The roles of institutional transitions and market opportunities," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 158-171, June.
- Bamford, Charles E. & Dean, Thomas J. & Douglas, Thomas J., 2004. "The temporal nature of growth determinants in new bank foundings: implications for new venture research design," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 899-919, November.
- Olson, Patricia D. & Zuiker, Virginia S. & Danes, Sharon M. & Stafford, Kathryn & Heck, Ramona K. Z. & Duncan, Karen A., 2003. "The impact of the family and the business on family business sustainability," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 639-666, September.
- Celeste Varum & Vera Rocha, 2013. "Employment and SMEs during crises," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 9-25, January.
- Soriano, Domingo Ribeiro, 2010. "Management factors affecting the performance of technology firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 463-470, May.
- Brian Headd, 2001. "Business Success: Factors Leading to Surviving and Closing Successfully," Working Papers, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau 01-01, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Tobias Stucki, 2009. "How Long Do External Capital Constraints Matter?," KOF Working papers, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich 09-241, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Thornhill, Stewart & Amit, Raphael, 2003. "Comprendre l'echec : mortalite organisationnelle et approche fondee sur les ressources," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques 2003202f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Thornhill, Stewart & Amit, Raphael, 2003. "Learning from Failure: Organizational Mortality and the Resource-based View," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch 2003202e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Domingo Soriano & Gary Castrogiovanni, 2012. "The impact of education, experience and inner circle advisors on SME performance: insights from a study of public development centers," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 333-349, April.
- Jensen, Kimberly L. & Pompelli, Greg, 2000. "Marketing And Logistics Assitance Needs Of Food Processors," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 31(03), November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.