An application of logit analysis to prediction of merger targets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 12 (1984)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Tucker, 1989. "Adjustable-Rate and Fixed-Rate Mortgage Choice: A Logit Analysis," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 4(2), pages 81-91.
- Huyghebaert, Nancy & Luypaert, Mathieu, 2010. "Antecedents of growth through mergers and acquisitions: Empirical results from Belgium," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 392-403, April.
- Eisdorfer, Assaf, 2008. "Delisted firms and momentum profits," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 160-179, May.
- Wesley, Mendes-Da-Silva & Wilson, Toshiro Nakamura & Daniel, Carrasqueira de Moraes, 2011. "A profile of financially at-risk college students from an emerging market," MPRA Paper 31726, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thorsten V. Braun & Sebastian Krispin & Erik E. Lehmann, 2009.
"Entrepreneurial Human Capital, Complementary Assets, and Takeover Probability,"
Discussion Paper Series
307, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Erik Lehmann & Thorsten Braun & Sebastian Krispin, 2012. "Entrepreneurial human capital, complementary assets, and takeover probability," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(5), pages 589-608, October.
- Braun, Thorsten V. & Krispin, Sebastian & Lehmann, Erik E., 2010. "Entrepreneurial human capital, complementary assets, and takeover probability," UO Working Papers 03-10, University of Augsburg, Chair of Management and Organization.
- Hudson, Darren & Herndon, Cary W., Jr., 2000.
"Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, And Strategic Alliances In Agricultural Cooperatives,"
15799, Mississippi State University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Darren Hudson & Bill Herndon, 2004. "Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances in Agricultural Cooperatives," Industrial Organization 0412006, EconWPA.
- Dionysios Polemis & Dimitrios Gounopoulos, 2012. "Prediction of distress and identification of potential M&As targets in UK," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(11), pages 1085-1104, November.
- Gonzalez, Pedro & Vasconcellos, Geraldo M. & Kish, Richard J., 1998. "Cross-border mergers and acquisitions: The undervaluation hypothesis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 25-45.
- P. B. Oyelere & C. R. Emmanuel, 1998. "International transfer pricing and income shifting: evidence from the UK," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 623-635.
- Slowinski, R. & Zopounidis, C. & Dimitras, A. I., 1997. "Prediction of company acquisition in Greece by means of the rough set approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 1-15, July.
- Rodrigues, Bruno Dore & Stevenson, Maxwell J., 2013. "Takeover prediction using forecast combinations," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 628-641.
- Balcaen,S. & Buyze, J. & Ooghe,H., 2009.
"Financial distress and firm exit: determinants of involuntary exits, voluntary liquidations and restructuring exits,"
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series
2009-21, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- S. Balcaen & J. Buyze & H. Ooghe, 2009. "Financial distress and firm exit: determinants of involuntary exits, voluntary liquidations and restructuring exits," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/598, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok, 2008. "How Does the Market for Corporate Control Function for Property Companies?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 141-163, February.
- Steen Thomsen & Frederik Vinten, 2014. "Delistings and the costs of governance: a study of European stock exchanges 1996–2004," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 793-833, August.
- Sorensen, Donald E., 2000. "Characteristics of merging firms," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 423-433.
- Athanasios Tsagkanos & Evangelos Koumanakos & Antonios Georgopoulos & Costas Siriopoulos, 2012. "Prediction of Greek takeover targets via bootstrapping on mixed logit model," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 315-334.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.