Pricing American interest rate claims with humped volatility models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 21 (1997)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Li, Anlong & Ritchken, Peter & Sankarasubramanian, L, 1995. " Lattice Models for Pricing American Interest Rate Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 719-37, June.
- Peter Ritchken & L. Sankarasubramanian, 1995. "Volatility Structures Of Forward Rates And The Dynamics Of The Term Structure," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 55-72.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Amin, Kaushik I. & Morton, Andrew J., 1994. "Implied volatility functions in arbitrage-free term structure models," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 141-180, April.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 627-627, November.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1993. "One-Factor Interest-Rate Models and the Valuation of Interest-Rate Derivative Securities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 235-254, June.
- Sin, Chor-Yiu & White, Halbert, 1996. "Information criteria for selecting possibly misspecified parametric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 207-225.
- Fabio Mercurio & Juan M. Moraleda, 1996. "A Family of Humped Volatility Structures," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 96-169/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- I.-Doun Kuo, 2011. "Pricing and hedging volatility smile under multifactor interest rate models," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 83-104, January.
- Jong, F.C.J.M. de & Driessen, J.J.A.G. & Pelsser, A., 2000. "Libor and Swap Market Models for the Pricing of Interest Rate Derivatives: An Empirical Analysis," Discussion Paper 2000-35, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Carl Chiarella & Thuy-Duong Tô, 2006. "The Multifactor Nature of the Volatility of Futures Markets," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 163-183, May.
- Chiarella, Carl & Hung, Hing & T, Thuy-Duong, 2009.
"The volatility structure of the fixed income market under the HJM framework: A nonlinear filtering approach,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2075-2088, April.
- Carl Chiarella & Thuy-Duong To, 2005. "The Volatility Structure of the Fixed Income Market under the HJM Framework: A Nonlinear Filtering Approach," Research Paper Series 150, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Carl Chiarella & Hing Hung & Thuy-Duong To, 2005. "The Volatility Structure of the Fixed Income Market under the HJM Framework: A Nonlinear Filtering Approach," Research Paper Series 151, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Peter Ritchken & Iyuan Chuang, 2000. "Interest rate option pricing with volatility humps," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 237-262, October.
- Markus Leippold & Liuren Wu, 2002. "Design and Estimation of Quadratic Term Structure Models," Finance 0207014, EconWPA.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella & Thuy-Duong To, 2004. "Estimating the Volatility Structure of an Arbitrage-Free Interest Rate Model Via the Futures Markets," Finance 0409003, EconWPA.
- Mireille Bossy & Rajna Gibson & Francois-Serge Lhabitant & Nathalie Pistre & Denis Talay, 2006. "Model misspecification analysis for bond options and Markovian hedging strategies," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 109-135, September.
- Driessen, Joost & Klaassen, Pieter & Melenberg, Bertrand, 2003.
"The Performance of Multi-Factor Term Structure Models for Pricing and Hedging Caps and Swaptions,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(03), pages 635-672, September.
- Driessen, J.J.A.G. & Klaassen, P. & Melenberg, B., 2000. "The Performance of Multi-Factor Term Structure Models for Pricing and Hedging Caps and Swaptions," Discussion Paper 2000-93, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jury Falini, 2009. "Pricing caps with HJM models: the benefits of humped volatility," Department of Economics University of Siena 563, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Anders B. Trolle & Eduardo S. Schwartz, 2009. "A General Stochastic Volatility Model for the Pricing of Interest Rate Derivatives," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(5), pages 2007-2057, May.
- Fabio Mercurio & Juan Moraleda, 2001. "A family of humped volatility models," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 93-116.
- Juan M. Moraleda & Ton Vorst, 1996. "The Valuation of Interest Rate Derivatives: Empirical Evidence from the Spanish Market," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 96-170/2, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.