Forecasting stock market prices: Lessons for forecasters
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 8 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Stephen K. Pollard, 2008.
"Dynamic Stock Market Interactions between the Canadian, Mexican, and the United States Markets: The NAFTA Experience,"
2008-49, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Stephen K. Pollard, 2009. "Dynamic Stock Market Interactions between the Canadian, Mexican, and the United States Markets: The NAFTA Experience," Working Papers 0905, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2010.
"Predictability of Asset Returns and the Efficient Market Hypothesis,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5037, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2010. "Predictability of Asset Returns and the Efficient Market Hypothesis," CESifo Working Paper Series 3116, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2010. "Predictability of Asset Returns and the Efficient Market Hypothesis," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1033, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Bayraci, Selcuk, 2010. "Econometric testing of the CAPM: A granger causality analysis on the Turkish banking industry," MPRA Paper 30839, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 May 2011.
- Kim, Jeong-Ryeol, 2002. "The stable long-run CAPM and the cross-section of expected returns," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,05, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Li, GuangJie, 2009. "The Horizon Effect of Stock Return Predictability and Model Uncertainty on Portfolio Choice: UK Evidence," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2009/4, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section, revised Aug 2009.
- Kamal, Mona, 2014. "Studying the Validity of the Efficient Market Hypothesis (EMH) in the Egyptian Exchange (EGX) after the 25th of January Revolution," MPRA Paper 54708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeffrey E. Jarrett, 2008. "Predicting Daily Stock Returns: A Lengthy Study of the Hong Kong and Tokyo Stock Exchanges," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 7(1), pages 37-51, April.
- Sandrine Lardic & Valérie Mignon, 2004. "Robert F. Engle et Clive W.J. Granger prix Nobel d'économie 2003," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 0(1), pages 1-15.
- Granger, C.W.J. & Pesaran, M. H., 1999. "Economic and Statistical Measures of Forecast Accuracy," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9910, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Wojciech Charemza & Kalvinder Shields & Anna Zalewska, 2004. "Predictability of stock markets with disequilibrium trading," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(5), pages 329-344.
- Pesaran, Mohammad Hashem, 2005. "Market efficiency today," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/01, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Kwan, Andy C.C. & Sim, Ah-Boon & Wu, Yangru, 2005. "A comparative study of the finite-sample performance of some portmanteau tests for randomness of a time series," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 391-413, February.
- Samantha Kleinberg & Petter N. Kolm & Bud Mishra, 2010. "Investigating Causal Relationships in Stock Returns with Temporal Logic Based Methods," Papers 1006.1791, arXiv.org.
- Perez-Rodriguez, Jorge V. & Torra, Salvador & Andrada-Felix, Julian, 2005. "STAR and ANN models: forecasting performance on the Spanish "Ibex-35" stock index," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 490-509, June.
- Andy Kwan & Ah-Boon Sim & Yangru Wu, 2005. "On the size and power of normalized autocorrelation coefficients," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 1-11.
- Beltrametti, Luca & Fiorentini, Riccardo & Marengo, Luigi & Tamborini, Roberto, 1997. "A learning-to-forecast experiment on the foreign exchange market with a classifier system," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1543-1575, June.
- Bozos, Konstantinos & Nikolopoulos, Konstantinos, 2011. "Forecasting the value effect of seasoned equity offering announcements," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 418-427, October.
- Chihwa Kao & Yongmiao Hong, 2004. "Detecting Neglected Nonlinearity in Dynamic Panel Data with Time-Varying Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 753, Econometric Society.
- Giampiero M. Gallo & Yongmiao Hong & Tae-Why Lee, 2001. "Modelling the Impact of Overnight Surprises on Intra-daily Stock Returns," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2001_03, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- repec:wyi:journl:002062 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.