Joint characteristic functions construction via copulas
AbstractWhen modelling dependent risks it is important to be able to generate joint distributions with given marginals. One of the ways which may be useful in connection with using the Fast Fourier Transform is to construct joint characteristic functions from marginal characteristic functions. In this paper a class of n-dimensional continuous copulas is presented which in turn lead to a simple construction of joint characteristic functions with given marginal characteristic functions. Bounds on various measures of correlation are also given.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 47 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
IM10 Copulas Distortion functions Joint distributions with given marginals Characteristic functions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- IM1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - - - -
- Cop - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- Dis - Microeconomics - - - - -
- fun - - - - - -
- Joi - Labor and Demographic Economics - - - - -
- dis - - - - - -
- wit - - - - - -
- giv - - - - - -
- mar - - - - - -
- Cha - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- fun - - - - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cécile Amblard & Stéphane Girard, 2009. "A new extension of bivariate FGM copulas," Metrika, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 1-17, June.
- Lynn Wirch, Julia & Hardy, Mary R., 1999. "A synthesis of risk measures for capital adequacy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 337-347, December.
- Rodríguez-Lallena, José Antonio & Úbeda-Flores, Manuel, 2004. "A new class of bivariate copulas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 315-325, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.