Optimal consumption, investment and insurance with insurable risk for an investor in a Lévy market
AbstractNumerous researchers have applied the martingale approach for models driven by Lévy processes to study optimal investment problems. The aim of this paper is to apply the martingale approach to obtain a closed form solution for the optimal investment, consumption and insurance strategies of an individual in the presence of an insurable risk when the insurable risk and risky asset returns are described by Lévy processes and the utility is a constant absolute risk aversion (CARA). The model developed in this paper can potentially be applied to absorb large insurable losses in the absence of insurance protection and to examine the level of diminishing current utility and consumption.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 46 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Investment-consumption-insurance model Incomplete markets Levy processes Martingale methods Utility maximization;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moore, Kristen S. & Young, Virginia R., 2006. "Optimal insurance in a continuous-time model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 47-68, August.
- Cox, John C. & Huang, Chi-fu, 1989. "Optimal consumption and portfolio policies when asset prices follow a diffusion process," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 33-83, October.
- Wang, Zengwu & Xia, Jianming & Zhang, Lihong, 2007. "Optimal investment for an insurer: The martingale approach," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 322-334, March.
- Zhou, Qing, 2009. "Optimal investment for an insurer in the Lévy market: The martingale approach," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(14), pages 1602-1607, July.
- Bin Zou & Abel Cadenillas, 2014. "Explicit Solutions of Optimal Consumption, Investment and Insurance Problem with Regime Switching," Papers 1402.3562, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2014.
- Ryle Perera, 2013. "Optimal investment, consumption–leisure, insurance and retirement choice," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 689-723, November.
- Bin Zou & Abel Cadenillas, 2014. "Optimal Investment and Risk Control Problem for an Insurer: Expected Utility Maximization," Papers 1402.3560, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.