The capital asset pricing model and the liquidity effect: A theoretical approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 3 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-65, June.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1996. "Market microstructure and asset pricing: On the compensation for illiquidity in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 441-464, July.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987.
"A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information,"
1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987. " A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-36, May-June.
- Datar, Vinay T. & Y. Naik, Narayan & Radcliffe, Robert, 1998. "Liquidity and stock returns: An alternative test," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 203-219, August.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1998. "Alternative factor specifications, security characteristics, and the cross-section of expected stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 345-373, September.
- Banz, Rolf W., 1981. "The relationship between return and market value of common stocks," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 3-18, March.
- Black, Fischer, 1972. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Restricted Borrowing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 444-55, July.
- Litzenberger, Robert H. & Ramaswamy, Krishna, 1979. "The effect of personal taxes and dividends on capital asset prices : Theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 163-195, June.
- Jun, Sang-Gyung & Marathe, Achla & Shawky, Hany A., 2003. "Liquidity and stock returns in emerging equity markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2009. "The implications of liquidity and order flows for neoclassical finance," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 527-532, November.
- Daouk, Hazem & Lee, Charles M.C. & Ng, David, 2006. "Capital market governance: How do security laws affect market performance?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 560-593, June.
- Vo, Xuan Vinh & Batten, Jonathan, 2010. "An Empirical Investigation of Liquidity and Stock Returns Relationship in Vietnam Stock Markets during Financial Crisis," MPRA Paper 29862, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jan 2011.
- Maobin Wang & Dongmin Kong, 2010. "Illiquidity and asset pricing in the Chinese stock market," China Finance Review International, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 57-77, December.
- Chordia, Tarun & Sarkar, Asani & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2005.
"The Joint Dynamics of Liquidity, Returns, and Volatility Across Small and Large Firms,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt6z81z2wc, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Tarun Chordia & Asani Sarkar & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2005. "The joint dynamics of liquidity, returns, and volatility across small and large firms," Staff Reports 207, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Lam, Keith S.K. & Tam, Lewis H.K., 2011. "Liquidity and asset pricing: Evidence from the Hong Kong stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2217-2230, September.
- Chordia, Tarun & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2008. "Liquidity and market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 249-268, February.
- Tarun Chordia & Asani Sarkar & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2001. "Common determinants of bond and stock market liquidity: the impact of financial crises, monetary policy, and mutual fund flows," Staff Reports 141, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Daouk, Hazem & Lee, Charles M.C. & Ng, David T.C., 2005. "Capital Market Governance: How Do Security Laws Affect Market Performance?," Working Papers 127078, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Chikashi Tsuji, 2003. "Is Volatility the Best Predictor of Market Crashes?," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 163-185, September.
- Brockman, Paul & Chung, Dennis Y., 2001. "Managerial timing and corporate liquidity: *1: evidence from actual share repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 417-448, September.
- Jacoby, Gady & Shiller, Ilona, 2005. "Bond elasticity under liquidation risk," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 351-364, September.
- BEAUPAIN, Renaud & GIOT, Pierre & PETITJEAN, Mikael, 2006. "Market-wide liquidity co-movements, volatility regimes and market cap sizes," CORE Discussion Papers 2006102, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Márcio André Veras Machado & Otávio Ribeiro de Medeiros, 2012. "Does the liquidity effect exist in the brazilian stock market?," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 9(4), pages 27-50, October.
- Hagemeister, Meike & Kempf, Alexander, 2007. "CAPM und erwartete Renditen: Eine Untersuchung auf Basis der Erwartung von Marktteilnehmern," CFR Working Papers 07-01, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Gao, Lei & Kling, Gerhard, 2006. "Regulatory changes and market liquidity in Chinese stock markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 162-175, June.
- Florackis, Chris & Gregoriou, Andros & Kostakis, Alexandros, 2011. "Trading frequency and asset pricing on the London Stock Exchange: Evidence from a new price impact ratio," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3335-3350.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.