Internet adoption barriers for small firms in The Netherlands
AbstractSmall firms are not adopting the Internet with the same speed their larger counterparts do, although it could offer many advantages to them. This study explores several factors that influence small businesses in their choice of Internet use (e.g. benefits and barriers). The main barriers to Internet adoption and to developing a Web presence are simply the concern that the Internet or the Website would not lead to more efficiency or lower costs. However, the benefits that Dutch small firms are deriving from their Websites can be described as 'border-crossing'. These results seem to confirm the 'international' image of Dutch businesses.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Management Journal.
Volume (Year): 18 (2000)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sang Lee & Jinhan Kim & Yeonog Choi & Sang-Gun Lee, 2009. "Effects of IT knowledge and media selection on operational performance of small firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 241-257, March.
- Jordi Vilaseca-Requena & Joan Torrent-Sellens & Antoni Meseguer-Artola & Inma Rodríguez-Ardura, 2007. "An Integrated Model of the Adoption and Extent of E-Commerce in Firms," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 222-241, May.
- Phua Lian Kee & Siti Nabiha Abd. Khalid & Chee Hong Kok & Adeline Lau & Cheng Chai Yu, 2013. "Internet Technologies Usage by Audit Firms in Malaysia," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance, Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 9(1), pages 47-66.
- Zarina Syuhaida Shaarani & Abdul Rashid Abdul Aziz, 2013. "Website Adoption: Overview of Malaysian Cost Engineering Firms," Diversity, Technology, and Innovation for Operational Competitiveness: Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, ToKnowPress.
- Shameen Prashantham, 2005. "Toward a Knowledge-Based Conceptualization of Internationalization," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 37-52, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.