Smoke detector effectiveness and the value of saving a life
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 31 (1989)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Glenn C. Blomquist, 2003.
"Self Protection and Averting Behavior, Values of Statistical Lives, and Benefit Cost Analysis of Environmental Policy,"
NCEE Working Paper Series
200302, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Mar 2003.
- Glenn C. Blomquist, 2004. "Self-Protection and Averting Behavior, Values of Statistical Lives, and Benefit Cost Analysis of Environmental Policy," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 89-110, 03.
- Murray, Christopher J. L., 1995. "Towards an analytical approach to health sector reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 93-109.
- Jaldell, Henrik, 2012. "Efficiency of Fire Protection Devices in Buildings: Evidence from Response data," Karlstad University Working Papers in Economics 6, Department of Economics, Karlstad University.
- Hakim, Simon & Shachmurove, Yochanan, 1996. "Social cost benefit analysis of commercial and residential burglar and fire alarms," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 49-67, February.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Aldy, 2003.
"The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World,"
NBER Working Papers
9487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Aldy, Joseph E, 2003. " The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-76, August.
- Georges Dionne & Paul Lanoie, 2002.
"How to Make a Public Choice About the Value of a Statistical Life: The Case of Road Safety,"
Cahiers de recherche
02-04, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- G. Dionne & P. Lanoie, 2002. "How to Make a Public Choice about the Value of a Statistical Life : The Case of Road Safety," THEMA Working Papers 2002-14, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- repec:reg:wpaper:140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garbacz, Christopher & Thompson Jr., Herbert G., 2007. "Are smoke detectors as effective as the public health literature reports?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 11-16, October.
- N. Yaduma & M. Kortelainen & A. Wossink, 2012.
"Estimating Mortality and Economic Costs of Particulate Air Pollution in Developing Countries: The Case of Nigeria,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
1223, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Natina Yaduma & Mika Kortelainen & Ada Wossink, 2013. "Estimating Mortality and Economic Costs of Particulate Air Pollution in Developing Countries: The Case of Nigeria," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(3), pages 361-387, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.