On the measurement of employment segregation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 30 (1989)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2005. "The Axiomatic Properties Of An Entropy Based Index Of Segregation," Economics Working Papers we056231, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- B. T. Hirsch & D. A. Macpherson, .
"Wages, racial composition, and quality sorting in labor markets,"
Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers
1038-94, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Hirsch, B.T. & Macpherson, D.A., 1994. "Wages, Racial Composition, and Quality Sorting in Labor Markets," Working Papers 1994_01_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Hirsch, Barry T. & Macpherson, David A., 2003.
"Wages, Sorting on Skill, and the Racial Composition of Jobs,"
IZA Discussion Papers
741, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barry T. Hirsch & David A. Macpherson, 2004. "Wages, Sorting on Skill, and the Racial Composition of Jobs," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 189-210, January.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2009. "Industrial segregation of female and male workers in Spain," Working Papers 0905, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2009.
"Gender segregation in the Spanish labor market: An alternative approach,"
0904, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Coral Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2010. "Gender Segregation in the Spanish Labor Market: An Alternative Approach," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 98(2), pages 337-362, September.
- Olga Alonso Villar & Coral del Río, 2010. "Segregation of female and male workers in Spain: occupations and industries," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 194(3), pages 91-121, June.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2011.
"Occupational Segregation Measures: A Role for Status,"
1103, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2010. "Occupational segregation measures: A role for status," Working Papers 167, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2008.
"Local versus overall segregation measures,"
0802, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Sreenivasan Subramanian, 2011. "Inter-group Disparities in the Distributional Analysis of Human Development: Concepts, Measurement, and Illustrative Applications," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 27-52, March.
- Hinz, Thomas & Schübel, Thomas, 2001. "Geschlechtersegregation in deutschen Betrieben (Gender segregation in German firms)," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 34(3), pages 286-301.
- Barbezat D, 1993. "Occupational segmentation by sex in the world," ILO Working Papers 298900, International Labour Organization.
- Jacques Silber & Olivier Giovannoni & Amedeo Spadaro, 2007. "Inequality of Life Chances and the Measurement of Social Immobility," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_513, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Diganta Mukherjee, 2002. "On A Symmetric Measure of Occupational Segregation," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 1-11, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.