Supervision and performance: the case of World Bank projects
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 62 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Renault, Eric & Trognon, Alain, 1987.
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 201-252.
- Jonathan Isham & Daniel Kaufmann, 1999.
"The Forgotten Rationale For Policy Reform: The Productivity Of Investment Projects,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 114(1), pages 149-184, February.
- Isham, Jonathan & Kaufmann,Daniel, 1995. "The forgotten rationale for policy reform : the productivity of investment projects," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1549, The World Bank.
- Pohl, Gerhard & Mihaljek, Dubravko, 1992. "Project Evaluation and Uncertainty in Practice: A Statistical Analysis of Rate-of-Return Divergences of 1,015 World Bank Projects," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 255-77, May.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Wang, Yan, 1995. "Macroeconomic policies and project performance in the social sectors: A model of human capital production and evidence from LDCs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 751-765, May.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn & Basu, Swati, 1998. "Does Economic Analysis Improve the Quality of Foreign Assistance?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(3), pages 385-418, September.
- Dewald, Michael & Weder, Rolf, 1996. "Comparative advantage and bilateral foreign aid policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 549-556, March.
- Axel Dreher & Stephan Klasen & James Raymond Vreeland & Eric Werker, 2013.
"The Costs of Favoritism: Is Politically Driven Aid Less Effective?,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(1), pages 157 - 191.
- Dreher, Axel & Klasen, Stephan & Raymond, James & Werker, Eric, 2010. "The costs of favoritism: Is politically-driven aid less effective?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 97, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Axel Dreher & Stephan Klasen & James Raymond Vreeland & Eric Werker, 2010. "The Costs of Favoritism: Is Politically-driven Aid less Effective?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2993, CESifo Group Munich.
- Axel Dreher & Stephan Klasen & James Raymond Vreeland & Eric Werker, 2010. "The costs of favoritism: Is politically-driven aid less effective?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 26, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Dreher, Axel & Klasen, Stephan & Vreeland, James Raymond & Werker, Eric, 2010. "The Costs of Favoritism: Is Politically-Driven Aid Less Effective?," IZA Discussion Papers 4820, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lodewijk Smets & Stephen Knack & Nadia Molenaers, 2013.
"Political ideology, quality at entry and the success of economic reform programs,"
The Review of International Organizations,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 447-476, December.
- Smets, Lodewijk & Knack, Stephen & Molenaers, Nadia, 2012. "Political ideology, quality at entry and the success of economic reform programs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6130, The World Bank.
- Limodio, Nicola, 2011. "The success of infrastructure projects in low-income countries and the role of selectivity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5694, The World Bank.
- Christopher Kilby, 2012. "Assessing the contribution of donor agencies to aid effectiveness: The impact of World Bank preparation on project outcomes," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series 20, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Robert K. Fleck & Christopher Kilby, 2006.
"World Bank Independence: A Model and Statistical Analysis of US Influence,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 224-240, 05.
- Fleck, Robert K. & Kilby, Christopher & Fleck, Robert K., 2001. "World Bank Independence: A Model and Statistical Analysis of U.S. Influence," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 53, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Denizer, Cevdet & Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart, 2011.
"Good countries or good projects ? macro and micro correlates of World Bank project performance,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5646, The World Bank.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar, 2005.
"Does the World Bank have any impact on human development of the poorest countries? Some preliminary evidence from Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 422-432, December.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik, 2005. "Does the World Bank have any impact on human development of the poorest countries? Some preliminary evidence from Africa," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp784, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Tierney, Michael J. & Nielson, Daniel L. & Hawkins, Darren G. & Roberts, J. Timmons & Findley, Michael G. & Powers, Ryan M. & Parks, Bradley & Wilson, Sven E. & Hicks, Robert L., 2011. "More Dollars than Sense: Refining Our Knowledge of Development Finance Using AidData," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 1891-1906.
- Kilby, C., 1994. "World Bank-borrower relations and project supervision," Discussion Paper 1994-14, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Wane, Waly, 2004. "The quality of foreign aid : country selectivity or donors incentives?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3325, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.