Racial disproportionality in reported and substained child abuse and nelgect: an examination of systematic bias
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Children and Youth Services Review.
Volume (Year): 25 (2003)
Issue (Month): 5-6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carter, Vernon B., 2010. "Factors predicting placement of urban American Indian/Alaskan Natives into out-of-home care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 657-663, May.
- Font, Sarah A. & Berger, Lawrence M. & Slack, Kristen S., 2012. "Examining racial disproportionality in child protective services case decisions," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2188-2200.
- Marshall, Jane Marie & Haight, Wendy L., 2014. "Understanding racial disproportionality affecting African American Youth who cross over from the child welfare to the juvenile justice system: Communication, power, race and social class," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 82-90.
- Morton, Cory M. & Ocasio, Kerrie & Simmel, Cassandra, 2011. "A critique of methods used to describe the overrepresentation of African Americans in the child welfare system," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1538-1542, September.
- Delfabbro, Paul & Hirte, Craig & Rogers, Nancy & Wilson, Ros, 2010. "The over-representation of young Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people in the South Australian child system: A longitudinal analysis," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1418-1425, October.
- Li, Fenfang & Godinet, Meripa T., 2014. "The impact of repeated maltreatment on behavioral trajectories from early childhood to early adolescence," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 22-29.
- Jent, Jason F. & Eaton, Cyd K. & Knickerbocker, Lauren & Lambert, Walter F. & Merrick, Melissa T. & Dandes, Susan K., 2011. "Multidisciplinary child protection decision making about physical abuse: Determining substantiation thresholds and biases," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1673-1682, September.
- Dworsky, Amy & Courtney, Mark E. & Zinn, Andrew, 2007. "Child, parent, and family predictors of child welfare services involvement among TANF applicant families," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 802-820, June.
- Dworsky, Amy & White, Catherine Roller & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter & Courtney, Mark & Kessler, Ronald & Sampson, Nancy & Hwang, Irving, 2010. "Racial and ethnic differences in the outcomes of former foster youth," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 902-912, June.
- Carter, Vernon B., 2009. "Prediction of placement into out-of-home care for American Indian/Alaskan Natives compared to non-Indians," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 840-846, August.
- Harris, Marian S. & Jackson, Lovie J. & O'Brien, Kirk & Pecora, Peter, 2010. "Ethnic group comparisons in mental health outcomes of adult alumni of foster care," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 171-177, February.
- Anyon, Yolanda, 2011. "Reducing racial disparities and disproportionalities in the child welfare system: Policy perspectives about how to serve the best interests of African American youth," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 242-253, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.