Cultural influences on informal information sharing in Chinese and Anglo-American organizations: an exploratory study
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 24 (1999)
Issue (Month): 7 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- O'Connor, Neale G., 1995. "The influence of organizational culture on the usefulness of budget participation by Singaporean-Chinese managers," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 383-403, July.
- MacCrimmon, Kenneth R & Wehrung, Donald A, 1984. "The Risk In-Basket," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(3), pages 367-87, July.
- Abernethy, Margaret A. & Lillis, Anne M., 1995. "The impact of manufacturing flexibility on management control system design," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 241-258, May.
- Birnberg, Jacob G. & Snodgrass, Coral, 1988. "Culture and control: A field study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 447-464, August.
- Harrison, Graeme L., 1992. "The cross-cultural generalizability of the relation between participation, budget emphasis and job related attitudes," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Chow, Chee W. & Kato, Yutaka & Shields, Michael D., 1994. "National culture and the preference for management controls: An exploratory study of the firm--Labor market interface," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(4-5), pages 381-400.
- Baskerville, Rachel F., 2003. "Hofstede never studied culture," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Van der Stede, Wim A. & Young, S. Mark & Chen, Clara Xiaoling, 2005. "Assessing the quality of evidence in empirical management accounting research: The case of survey studies," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 655-684.
- Birnberg, Jacob G. & Hoffman, Vicky B. & Yuen, Susana, 2008. "The accountability demand for information in China and the US - A research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 20-32, January.
- Joannides, Vassili & Wickramasinghe, Danture & Berland, Nicolas, 2012. "Critiques on gray-hofstede’s model: what impact on cross-cultural accounting research?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University 123456789/9497, Paris Dauphine University.
- Menkhoff, Thomas & Gerke, Solvay & Evers, Hans-Dieter & Chay, Yue Wah, 2009.
"Wissensbasierte Entwicklung in Singapur und Malaysia
[Knowledge-based development in Singapore and Malaysia]," MPRA Paper 13797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haka, Susan F. & Heitger, Dan L., 2004. "International managerial accounting research: A contracting framework and opportunities," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 21-69.
- Vassili Joannides & Danture Wickramasinghe & Nicolas Berland, 2012. "Critiques On Gray-Hofstede'S Model: What Impact On Cross-Cultural Accounting Research?," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print), HAL hal-00690933, HAL.
- Bernard H.J. Verstegen, 2011. "A socio-economic view on management control," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(2), pages 114-127, January.
- Hao Shi, 2006. "L'évolution du "calcul économique en équipe" : un processus de légitimation des changements institutionnels en Chine," Working Papers, Laboratoire OrlÃ©anais de Gestion - universitÃ© d'OrlÃ©ans 2006-4, Laboratoire Orléanais de Gestion - université d'Orléans.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.