Cross-cultural differences in the behavioral consequences of imposing performance evaluation and reward systems: An experimental investigation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The International Journal of Accounting.
Volume (Year): 36 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620179
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chow, Chee W. & Shields, Michael D. & Chan, Yoke Kai, 1991. "The effects of management controls and national culture on manufacturing performance: An experimental investigation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 209-226.
- Kandel, E. & Lazear, E.P., 1990.
"Peer Pressure and Partnerships,"
90-07, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center.
- Chow, Chee W. & Kato, Yutaka & Shields, Michael D., 1994. "National culture and the preference for management controls: An exploratory study of the firm--Labor market interface," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(4-5), pages 381-400.
- Lane Daley & James Jiambalvo & Gary Sundem & Yasumasa Kondo, 1985. "Attitudes Toward Financial Control Systems in the United States and Japan†," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(3), pages 91-110, September.
- Chow, Chee W. & Kato, Yutaka & Merchant, Kenneth A., 1996. "The use of organizational controls and their effects on data manipulation and management myopia: A Japan vs U.S. comparison," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 175-192.
- Harrison, Graeme L. & McKinnon, Jill L., 1999. "Cross-cultural research in management control systems design: a review of the current state," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-6), pages 483-506, July.
- Birnberg, Jacob G. & Turopolec, Lawrence & Young, S. Mark, 1983. "The organizational context of accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 8(2-3), pages 111-129, May.
- Birnberg, Jacob G. & Snodgrass, Coral, 1988. "Culture and control: A field study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 447-464, August.
- Thite, Mohan & Wilkinson, Adrian & Shah, Dhara, 2012. "Internationalization and HRM strategies across subsidiaries in multinational corporations from emerging economies—A conceptual framework," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 251-258.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.