Solving Asset Pricing Models when the Price-Dividend Function Is Analytic
AbstractWe present a new method for solving asset pricing models, which yields an analytic price-dividend function of one state variable. To illustrate our method we give a detailed analysis of Abel's asset pricing model. A function is analytic in an open interval if it can be represented as a convergent power series near every point of that interval. In addition to allowing us to solve for the exact equilibrium price-dividend function, the analyticity property also lets us assess the accuracy of any numerical solution procedure used in the asset pricing literature. Copyright The Econometric Society 2005.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econometric Society in its journal Econometrica.
Volume (Year): 73 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (05)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu Chen & Thomas Cosimano & Alex Himonas, 2008. "Solving an asset pricing model with hybrid internal and external habits, and autocorrelated Gaussian shocks," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 305-344, July.
- Kevin J. Lansing, 2007.
"Rational and Near-Rational Bubbles Without Drift,"
2007 Meeting Papers
970, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Chen, Yu & Cosimano, Thomas F. & Himonas, Alex A., 2008. "Analytic solving of asset pricing models: The by force of habit case," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 3631-3660, November.
- Eagle, David, 2007. "Revealing the naked truth behind price determinacy, infinite-horizon rational expectations, and inflation targeting," MPRA Paper 1538, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eagle, David, 2006. "The Eventual Failure and Price Indeterminacy of Inflation Targeting," MPRA Paper 1240, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Dec 2006.
- Raman Uppal & Harjoat Bhamra, 2013. "Asset Prices with Heterogeneity in Preferences and Beliefs," 2013 Meeting Papers 1344, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Yu Chen & Thomas Cosimano & Alex Himonas, 2010. "Continuous time one-dimensional asset-pricing models with analytic price–dividend functions," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 461-503, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.